Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The ones Wayne is talking about (mix 77) worked great for me. I got mine here...

http://www.kf7p.com/KF7P/Ferrite_chokes.html

I think I was able to get about 11 wraps with my Helix mega transducer cable.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Let me know. It sounds like we are dealing with the same chit.
    I noticed as soon as I turn up the speed on the Ultrex from speed 9-1/2 to 10 the image clears up like the motor was turned off (Beautiful Image)

My noise is constant no matter what speed I have the motor set at until I go to top speed (10)

I posted in the trolling motor forum thinking it was the maximizer and got schooled on digital motors

So I had to learn about how the new digital trolling motors work before I understood the issue

The motor controls the speed using a pulse set at a fixed frequency and they very the on/off time of the pulse thus the motor speed is controlled using PWM (pulse width modulation)

The guy at Minn Kota explained this is why my noise never changes and goes off when I turn the motor to 10 because at that point there is no off time in the pulse and so it’s like the pulse doesn’t exist

SEE GRAPH BELOW

He also says that for the built in filter to work both power systems need a common ground

I was raised in the analog age and you never had a common ground because that produced more noise

So hopefully I won’t need the ferrite ring but I ordered it just in case

My old butt is waiting for a little better weather before I go out again but as soon as I do I will let you know what I found

"The handicapped angler"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12