Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar

Anyone in New England need a nice 26p Mercury Fury prop

Don't have any boxes to ship it so was wondering if anyone local needs one. This is a super fast prop that unfortunately can't turn due to the 1.62 gears in my Mercury. I live in Townsend MA and work in Worcester/Leominster. Would be willing to meet anywhere around 495/290/190/3/2, NH or eastern CT within reason. Please IM me or text me 978-273-8528. Leading edges are a little rough nothing big and is a great candidate to have worked for your rig.

Asking $300 cash or best offer
    Would also consider trades for Shimano or Daiwa Reels or St croix, Loomis rods
    Thanks
    Jay

Fury 1.jpg
    Fury 5.jpg
    Fury 6.jpg
    Fury 7.jpg
    Last edited by jayfaro; 04-10-2017 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Pics
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

Nice Fury...just curious what prop your 1:62 to 1 with that 300 does turn?
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

3. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    I'm running a 24.5p TXP OT 4 that has been worked on by croxton. I'm forced to run smaller pitch props for tournament loads as the 1.62 gears and the 7,000 rev limiter is a tough combo to prop for both hole shot and top end. As an example, at 88mph I was only turning 6400 rpm with my TXP. I haven't really had a chance to run WOT but am figuring I should be around 93-94 at 6800 rpm with the power pole and 36v trolling motor and a tournament load. For me, hole shot with a tournament load is more important to me than high 90s with a terrible hole shot. Plus at 1 1/4" above pad these Furys will come apart and could tear up my cav plate or sportscaster lower. The TXP is a larger diameter 4 blade. This Fury on my Gambler with 1.75 gears (which are the same gears as most 250s) was fast. Had a great hole shot and would run mid 80s at 6200 rpm. Again I was running below pad so could keep this prop together. I know everyone sees the 300x and assumes I should be running a big wheel but the tall gears and high limiter forces me to go smaller rather than larger.

From my experience I never even tried this prop on my Bullet knowing it won't run enough rpm and more for being nervous about it slinging a blade and coming apart since I'm running it so high.
    Last edited by jayfaro; 04-10-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

4. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    How about $270 cash and I can drive within reason to meet.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

5. Member
    Timing is everything in life, and the timing of this SUCKS. Been wanting to get a new prop for my Mercury for years, just been waiting for the right deal. But of course, I don't have a dime of fun money to my name since we just had our second child a few months ago, so all extra finances will be tied up for months to pay off hospital bills. Bummer man, would have loved to grab this. I've got some 4 blade on my Merc right now, no idea the details on it. Bought it from a forum member when we bought the Ranger in 2009, got it for $250. I want more speed out of my rig though, so been looking for a good 3 blade to do that, and then keep the 4 blade as a backup.