Back to PIB in June!

Taking the kids back for our 2nd trip to PIB this June 10-17. Seems like the weather is unseasonably warm again this spring up that way. Any reason to think the small mouth will do their thing early again? Last year we had some great days in June, but it seemed alot of bigger fish were gone by then.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

That place is all over the boards for the past 10 years. I remember planning trips for late march early April then they we planned for May and now we plan trips for June! If the weather stays this way, a memorial day trip may be in order if not sooner.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Yes, it does seem like it! I am pretty much committed to mid june trips due to kids getting out of school. Hoping this year will be better. Lots of pressure on the fish last june and not a lot of action. The bay was ok a few days but the areas around the W's and Shades were flat out terrible.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Taking the kids back for our 2nd trip to PIB this June 10-17. Seems like the weather is unseasonably warm again this spring up that way. Any reason to think the small mouth will do their thing early again? Last year we had some great days in June, but it seemed alot of bigger fish were gone by then.
    well curently with the water temps in high 30,s-40 it aint on fire yet ,,by june youll be in great shape for some fun filled smallmouth days
    Work Work Work no pay no play USA #1

5. Goby King
    The big fish are long gone from the bay before June, even on a normal year. IMO, the true pigs never even come in the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    The big fish are long gone from the bay before June, even on a normal year. IMO, the true pigs never even come in the bay.
    I spent 3 days of our trip last year around Shades to the W`s. No visible structure to speak of. I had a tough time finding any fish at all. We did catch some up to 4lbs out there, but not many. I fished out to 40 feet with a variety of lures. That big bath tub was tough on me for sure.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

7. Goby King
    Last year sucked tremendously, no matter where I went. What I had to do was just putt around looking for a mark. When I saw a fish on the screen, I would drop to it and usually it bit. I found nothing schooled up other than rock bass or perch.

8. Moderator
    Last year was bad for me as well..I do not pretend that I know what's going on but it was rough.May limit my trips out there this year to 1!!!! Or......
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

9. Moderator
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

10. Banned
    Agree
    If you want 5lb-plus fish, main lake is where they are