Thread: Boat Wipe Down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boat Wipe Down

What do Yall use to wipe down your Triton after a day on the water?
    2001 Triton TR21 w/ 2008 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    I use boat bling hot sauce. A lot use eagle one wax as you dry. Also protec makes a spray that is supposed to be good too.

3. Member
    I don't wipe a Triton (but don't hold that against me), but Bass Boat Saver is good stuff. Has a shine and UV protection all in one. Nice to use between washes and even after a wash for nice shine. I use 303 aerospace protectant on the seats now and then after cleaning and Protec polish and cleaners for yearly waxing and deep clean maintenance.

4. Member
    My triton run so fast it does not need to be wiped down

5. Member
    Lucas Slick Mist, great stuff for cars and boats

6. Member
    I carry both Bass Boat Saver and Lucas Slick Mist with me. If my boat is particurly dirty, I will use Slick Mist first then follow up with BBS. If the boat is clean, I just use BBS. I believe BBS is the best finishing spray. Works for me anyway.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

Quote Originally Posted by wire101 View Post
    Lucas Slick Mist, great stuff for cars and boats
    Same for me.

8. Member
    My son found a recipe that works well. Take a good spray bottle that is empty. Add 1/4 cup of white vinegar. Two TBSP of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Fill remainder of bottle with water. Shake to mix. This cuts slime, cleans up motor mid-section of the white scale, removes water spots and cures the common cold. :)

Best of all it is CHEAP. He made us a gallon. We have been through a pint in a month. Every time we load back on the trailer. Also keep a bar of lava in the bilge which stays completely grease/oil free as a result.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brucekgreen View Post
    My triton run so fast it does not need to be wiped down
    Very nice, that explains why mine stays so clean.......
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate

Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    My son found a recipe that works well. Take a good spray bottle that is empty. Add 1/4 cup of white vinegar. Two TBSP of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Fill remainder of bottle with water. Shake to mix. This cuts slime, cleans up motor mid-section of the white scale, removes water spots and cures the common cold. :)

Best of all it is CHEAP. He made us a gallon. We have been through a pint in a month. Every time we load back on the trailer. Also keep a bar of lava in the bilge which stays completely grease/oil free as a result.
    Even though this mixture works it takes the wax and all the protectants off your gel.

The Lava works well just be aware that the bars can get caught under the auto bildge switch.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post

Vinegar and Dawn act as an acid and degreaser. Anything, wax or sealant, that was on your boat is now removed any time you use that mix. It's ok to use it before re-waxing or sealing, but I wouldn't use it after fishing.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Even though this mixture works it takes the wax and all the protectants off your gel.

The Lava works well just be aware that the bars can get caught under the auto bildge switch.
    +1

13. Member
    Marine Wax-As-You-Dry to wipe and either 303 or baby oil on the seats.

14. Member
    Anyone use the Meguire's ultimate quick detailer? I use that on my truck - between waxes - and wonder if it'll work on a boat??
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

15. Member
    Old dirty towel out of one of my boxes and whatever water I can muster from the still wet splashwell...

Bass Boat Saver

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCASTER! View Post
    Anyone use the Meguire's ultimate quick detailer? I use that on my truck - between waxes - and wonder if it'll work on a boat??
    I have used it but the direction say to let it dry and then wipe with a different cloth to remove residue. I like the one step kind because I'm tired after fishing 8-12 hrs. So my consences is use "wax as you dry" or ProTech both are great.

Also Meguire says to use on a "cool" vehicle and my boat is black and is never cool when weather/sun is above 70 degrees.
    Rocket

18. Member
    I usually don't do anything at the ramp - and wait till the boats home and a day or so later before I finally get around to wiping it down.....so being cool isn't a problem.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Bass Boat Saver
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

20. Member
    Pro-tec sealant yearly and a old towel after running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast