Suzuki mechanics......please ENTER...

I have a 1999 Suzuki DF70 4 stroke....Have had a HORRIBLE time getting it fixed. Took it in originally for flashing lights and alarms and occasionally starting hard. Took it to a shop and they went through it (injectors, spark plugs, fuel rail, etc., etc.) cost me $800 and could not figure out why engine was still sending faults and alarms. Took it to a semi local suzuki dealership. They replaced the (spark plugs, fuel lines,etc. etc.) came to the same conclusion as previous shop BUT they say the ECM/ECU is BAD and it is not communicating with the rest of the engine. The engine when new in 1999 had the ECM/ECU replaced. How often and likely is it that this engine needs a THIRD ECM???? At what point is this a manufacturers defect? Mind you a new ECM is $1600 and the dealership cannot tell me if I replace it the engine is fixed and ready to go. Also, the dealership when i orginally brought it to them (3 seasons ago) the service manager at the time told me after they "said they fixed it" told me they were gonna cut the wires shutting off the "alarms" and dont worry about it the engines fine. If anyone could give me some advice.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

2. Banned
    Your best bet is try the Suzuki Outboard Forum. Lots of sharp Suzuki guys on there.

3. Member
    It's seems no one works on older suzuki outboards. I finally fixed mine myself after calling a dozen different shops even shops that sell new suzuki's won't work on the old ones

4. Member
    I have seen a couple of ECU failures on this particular model where the only complaints were unexplainable alarms. Failures are typically a result of loose/corroded starter wires at the battery. Can't say that I have seen multiple failures unless of course the issue at the battery was not corrected.

Vince