Quickare Fuel Additive

I added the entire bottle of Quickare to the 21 gallon fuel tank (new boat, and didn't read the instructions).

Will this damage the engine? Should I drain the fuel out and start over?

Anybody???

I don't think it will be a problem BUT I'm sure Don will be along and let you know. He knows WAY more than any of us.
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's a heavy-overdose.

I would be inclined to pump the fuel out and start with fresh.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Local service says it shouldn't hurt, but top the tank off after each use to thin it out. I ran yesterday about 10 miles, no issues.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Might be wise to inspect (or better yet, replace) the fuel filter after 3 tanks are topped-off and consumed. Excessive amounts of Quickare "could" cause filter staining.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor