Thread: Florida fishing

Florida fishing

Headed to Florida for a week of fishing, will be mostly after snook but will take anything that will bite! Any tips on baits that are hot right now would be great. We will be fishing around the boca grande area. Thanks!

Ill post any updates and big fish if we get lucky enough to catch any thins year

2. Member
    good luck, I just got back from a trip to savannah and pretty much struck out. I hope you do better down that way.

I did some snook fishing a few years ago out in that area, we were throwing jigs infront of dock-lights and had really good luck.
    i just brought a handful of these lures in different colors with me, and i ended up destroying the snook with them.
    https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...olor=Red/White

a slowsink mirrOdine might be good too if you go that route.
    https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...e/Silver%20Lum
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    We struggling to catch fish this year. We've caught a few tipalia and just a few snook

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVTundra View Post
    We struggling to catch fish this year. We've caught a few tipalia and just a few snook
    Some is always better than none.

How have you been fishing for them?
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

5. Member
    Jerkbaits, rattletraps, spooks, flukes, hair jigs and live pinfish. Broke down and got a charter for reds, snook, and trout tomorrow!

6. Member
    Jerkbaits, rattletraps, spooks, flukes, hair jigs and live pinfish. Broke down and got a charter for reds, snook, and trout tomorrow!
    did the charter do any better than going solo?
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

7. Member
    Yea we caught around 20 snook, biggest was 25", father in law hooked a good sized tarpon but it broke him off. Lots of bites but for some reason we had issues hooking and keeping them hooked up. Guide said bass fishermen always seem to have a harder time waiting to set the hook.. all in all was a great time! Really wanted to get a reddish but maybe next time...

8. Member
    Yea we caught around 20 snook, biggest was 25", father in law hooked a good sized tarpon but it broke him off. Lots of bites but for some reason we had issues hooking and keeping them hooked up. Guide said bass fishermen always seem to have a harder time waiting to set the hook.. all in all was a great time! Really wanted to get a reddish but maybe next time...
    try looking towards southern Louisiana for your next trip. they are supposed to king of the redfishing. i'm still trying to convince the wife to take a trip down there. Orange beach, AL gets them in pretty good numbers too. I ended up with a 20-25lb one on 12lb gear while I fishing with a charter there.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

9. Member
    We have always just went to Florida because the wife's dad has a house 10 miles from boca grande and maybe 25 from port charlotte or punta gorda, it's had to turn down a few place to stay that close to great fishing ��

10. Member
    We have always just went to Florida because the wife's dad has a house 10 miles from boca grande and maybe 25 from port charlotte or punta gorda, it's had to turn down a few place to stay that close to great fishing ��
    haha i understand that one. the wife and i wanted to head down to Louisiana or Mississippi for a week long trip til we realized we'd save well over 1k by just going to my grandparents on the Chesapeake bay.
    I have unfinished business there. last time i was there i hooked a red or cobia off their dock on a uglystick with 40lb test line that never even acknowledged my existence. it just kept going and going til he made in to some pylons from an abandoned dock about 150yds away and broke off. it was like i hooked a f350
    time for round two!
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO