Ranger Trailer Rear Oval Light Removal?

On the ranger trailers...how did you guys remove the rear oval tail lights? I'm changing mine to LED and need some guidance.

The lights sit in a rubber grommet. I don't want to rip the rubber grommet by pulling on it too hard. The light housing seems well seated in there and difficult to pull out.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Member
    Never mind ...feel kinda dumb after finding a vid on this. Looks like you can tap it from behind to get it started then pull it out.

Yeah, if you have to push it thru grommet and all, wont hurt it. Then put the grommet back in and push the new light into the grommet.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Never mind ...feel kinda dumb after finding a vid on this. Looks like you can tap it from behind to get it started then pull it out.
    what video? Can you post a link? thanks.........
    Think what would happen in this country if the many stopped fearing the few.

2015 RT 178 w/70hp Yamaha.

5. Member
    Thanks skeeter.

AlumRanger...here you go. There are a few useful tips on this vid....like spraying the grommet with Windex before inserting the new light. It will help it slip in a ton easier.

My install is complete. Biggest pain was getting those tail lights out then replacing. Also removal and replacement of the light bar under the lower cross bar.

LED lights look amazing compared to the old incandescents.

Not sure, but I still don't think these trailers come standard with LED's. Can't be more than $10 in savings for Ranger for using incandescents. Every penny counts I guess.

Good luck!

Thank you sir.
    Think what would happen in this country if the many stopped fearing the few.

2015 RT 178 w/70hp Yamaha.