Thread: ZX 225 2017

ZX 225 2017

Water leaking in boat. Bilge pump came on and alerted me. Not sure where leak is coming from. Anyone had issues with the Quik Lok clamps Skeeter uses? Yep--- I had plug in.

2. Member
    Often it's something very simple. Have someone back you in with boat on the trailer. Just deep enough to get the transom wet completely. It may be as simple as a thru hull fitting or hose and by sitting on back deck with lid open you can see it.

3. Member
    You could do above or open the rear hatch and stick a hose in there. Then watch for the leak outside the hull. if there is no evidence, then maybe jack plate bolt holes not sealed well.

4. Member
    Tried that no visible leaks. Back to dealer

5. Member
    I would at least try another test to see if you can further isolate it.

Dump the the boat in the water and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Maybe fish right by the launch but don't get on plane or move the boat with the big motor. Try the bilge pump after 20-30 minutes and see if it's taking on water. (Or just look)

youll want to know if it's a fitting/hole or if it's something like the the lower part of the rub rail from waves. You may also have to fill the hull with water on the trailer to make sure the hotfoot screws werent drilled through the bottom.

just a few things I've experienced over the years and found by trial and error

6. Member
    A random thought? Have you had any backwash get in the boat from stopping or reversing?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    A random thought? Have you had any backwash get in the boat from stopping or reversing?

Great question. It wasn't mentioned if the bilge came on repeatedly as if taking on water or once like clear backwash

8. Member
    Was your livewell pumping in water? I have seen where the recirculator wasn't selected and the livewell fill valve was, the water keeps filling until it overflows until the bilge pump kicks on.

9. Member
    I had same issue. Went thru all the checks with hoses and such. Check right behind motor where the top cap meets hull. Some of the boats didn't get silicon in that area. Mine being one of them. I put a nice bead of silicon and my problem is gone. Hope this helps.

10. Member
    It was drain plug. Dealer found small shot in the threads. God knows where they come from.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookout View Post
    It was drain plug. Dealer found small shot in the threads. God knows where they come from.
    interesting. That's a new one on me

12. Member
    Wow you just pretty much explained my weekend , dumped bug in this weekend at ramp getting ready for tourney and parked it in the beach and bilge kept coming on, and open compartment and water is flowing in, turns out the qwik lock from the hose to the rule pumped cracked, and whoever rigged the boat actually snapped it and used pvc glue on it to fix it! A 3.43 part from flow rite , i got a 2016 fx20 Le , and your 2017 shouldn't have any issues at all either
    2019 RANGER 198P DUAL CONSOLE

The Gun Parlor

13. Member
    Real pain the the arse to find problem. Three 150 mile trips to dealer. Skeeter factory quality issue. Making too many boats too fast.

14. Member
    I had a similar issue with water coming in. the pump for the livewells has a small fitting that allows the rubber hose to quick connect. the hose had been put in a bind, causing too much force on the fitting and it cracked. I had to listen for a few minutes until I heard the water sprinkling onto the water in the bilge. an hour or so and $15 later, no leaky