Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I wipe my boat down at the ramp and give it a quick spray with Lucas Mist when I get home. Takes 10 minutes tops. To each their own but I just do not understand your reasoning.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    not sure if it was mentioned but if i was looking at a new aluminum boat id be checking these out

https://gatortraxboats.com/fleet-pho...00&album_ses=1
    1998 Triton Tr-19 2010 Mercury OptiMax 175

I spent a good 45 minutes to an hour going through a Lund 1875 Pro V Bass yesterday... Way more boat and way more storage than my Triton 186. I am seriously considering making the switch...
    Mike
    ---------------------------
    If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit

4. Member
    I totally agree with bama jim's comments. Both aluminum and glass boats have their purpose. Wind can make it somewhat challenging for aluminum boats on open lakes but, that's what creeks, coves and slews are made for. Like a few on here have said, its hard to understand the reasoning.
    Last edited by bama tide; 04-14-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    "When in doubt empty the magazine."

5. Member
    I bought a Tracker tournament Pro 185 and dumped it in one year. It was way too tippy for a big guy especially in wind. Not a very dry ride in any chop at all. I had an older Alumacraft with a deep v that was fine in the wind and ran the rougher stuff pretty well. Not nearly as tippy as the semi v hull was. Need to go out with someone with the aluminum boat you like and see how it fishes before you buy. JMO.

6. Member
    Most guys have had experience with the older style Aluminum boats. Most guys have not had experience with these newer style Aluminum boats.

The newer Ranger/Triton boats are made for fishing. They are not the tipsy trackers you remember.

The Newer Crestliners are well designed as well, as are the newer Express and Lunds.

Don't take the advise of someone that has never been in one of the newer style boats. They are heavier due to the foam under the deck. They ride different. They fish really different.

Try them for yourself and then decide.

7. Member
    I'm lucky to have both. While my tin rig is great for short runs and pretty much maintenance free upkeep, it can be tough to fish in the wind. It's the perfect boat to fish by yourself and for stumpy areas. Obviously, I use my glass rig more--it's just more comfortable and of course quicker than my tin rig. That being said, my tin is a 2002 Fisher (manufactured by Tracker). I have never ridden in the new Ranger or Triton tin rigs.

8. Member
    I've had both. Had newer ranger aluminum rt in 2014. The newer tins are not bad at all. Storage is not as much and way less dry storage. Now the line 1875 pro v bass boat has lots of storage and all dry storage. It Is different deeper bill though. Great layout. I have had so many new glass bass rigs I can't count because I used to get one every year and sell my old one up till 2007. All brands. Of I fished mainly bigger lakes and open lakes is go glass. To me as stated was it with liquid glass 2 times a year then just wipe down with towel at ramp in 15 minutes when you pull out and it comes clean. Aluminum I would wipe down also. Aluminum gets dinged and damaged same as glass but different. Aluminum rigs these days equally equipped is almost same money. They do to easier and if u don't care about speed upkeep cost can be very nice running a 115 or even 150 on them. That new rt198 is nice. But if u rather have glass u can get a z185 equally equipped for about 3k more max. So it really depends on what u like. I liked both and would take either today and be happy. I would suggest going out all day fishing with someone or half day in newer alumunum u r considering before I spent money to make sure. Jimbotaylor has the rt198 and z520 both new and used both and loves his rt198.

9. Member
    A tin is my personal choice but making the switch for ease of clean up seems silly

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    so you want to sell your boat because you have to wash and wax it too much?

i dare you to put that in the ad when you sell it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123