Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RPM / Jackplate question

How many rpms should you gain for every half inch raised on the jackplate. Running a 200hp optimax with a 25p tempest plus

2. Banned
    You might not gain anything if you're at the perfect spot.

3. Member
    That depends on a few things like what boat, how much set back you have, how much water pressure and how many rpm's your tuning now. You can raise your prop to pad 1/4" at a time until you gain rpm's but not speed, lose water pressure or bow lift. Just gaining rpm's doesn't do you any good if the speed doesn't increase.

4. Member
    2007 200 super pro procraft 10" plate it is 4" below pad currently turning 25p tempest at 5400 rpms running 66-67mph water psi 25 to 30 I should be getting around 5700 rpms

5. Pat Goff
    No two props/motors/hulls/loads are identical, close but never exactly.

What that means, every single setup is a little different, which means every single setup needs attention, and what THAT means is, you have to find the right spot yourself. With your normal fishing load (NEVER EMPTY) start raising your plate until you lose speed, lift, or water pressure, and then back down a click. THAT is the only way you know exactly where you need to be. ONLY way.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

6. Member
    All above is good accurate information.
    Typically each inch is about 1 MPH or half an inch would be around 50 RPM. But without testing, it's all theory and no reality.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    All above is good accurate information.
    Typically each inch is about 1 MPH or half an inch would be around 50 RPM. But without testing, it's all theory and no reality.
    Thanks that's all I was asking I know how to adjust and setup I was just ask the in general what should be the gain in rpms with the adjustment.

8. Member
    What's your top speed now?

9. Member
    just me full tank of gas full livewells and fishing gear 5350 to 5400 rpms around 66 to 67

10. Member
    Have you ever updated/changed all your fuel lines and stuff. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=22490

11. Member
    I bought boat used lines look good I run ethanol free fuel with all the quicksilver fuel additives motor runs like a top. I ordered a vessel view mobile so I can confirm the numbers.

12. Banned
    It's what's inside the fuel lines. Are they grey & orange or grey & blue?

13. Member
    Will have to check and see if know it's a big black hose from tank to bulb and grey line from bulb to motor will check and see on the blue or orange

14. Member
    You bought the boat used so you don't know what the other guy ran for fuel. Check the gray lines for orange or red letters. If it's got that line you'll need to change it and do everything on that list not just one or two things but everything. That should be a Johnny Morris boat and it should be heavier than the older models.

15. Member
    Looks like it's a pretty new grey line the letters and numbers are either a dark blue or black.

16. Member
    Lines are new then but you may still need to rebuild the pulse fuel pump and clean the vst. Did you do all the annual maintenance

17. Member
    yes all done this year pretty sure I don't have any engine issues I think with the load and low pro shaft height I need to come up some put I received my vessel view mobile today so I can check make sure number are correct

18. Member
    I think I may have found a issue with the low RPMs I thought about checking the hot foot limit bolt and adjusted it i made a Mark on cable WOT before I adjusted anything and I gained another 1/4 " of throttle length of cable before it its limit bolt.

19. Member
    You need to make sure the throttle plate on the motor is adjusted to open wide open not just the cable.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    You need to make sure the throttle plate on the motor is adjusted to open wide open not just the cable.
    I checked and made adjustments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast