Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If your looking for a 308 AR platform check out Delton's.... Awesome gun with a lifetime warranty. The Smith M&P10 is nice to with a lifetime warranty but it's more money.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    OK, so while I have never hunted with my AR and only use a bolt or lever gun I can't see this being true. Perhaps an AR-10 is heavier than my Savage 110 but my AR-15 doesn't seem to be. My AR is shorter with its 16" barrel which is why I am thinking about getting a 300 Blackout upper. Also, I can see no reason why one would need to climb into a stand with a loaded AR. Load the magazine, and put it in your pocket. I assume your concern centers around the noise of letting the bolt slam forward. Well, I always try to get in early enough that I have settled and quiet for at least 30 minutes before I can shoot if not sooner. Also, you don't need to slam it foward. You can ease it forward and then use the forward assist to make sure that the round is completely chambered. Unloading it on stand is at least as easy as with my blind magazine equipped Savage of a lever gun where one has to cycle each round out to completely unload the gun. With the AR I can drop the magazine and then only have to cycle the action once to clear the gun. I guess I might have an issue and drop that round but I've done that with bolt and lever guns so there's no different there IMO.
    agian - I am a huge AR guy...

i planned on hunting with my AR-10 and I still will at some point, but the fact remains a bolt is better for hunting deer.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    agian - I am a huge AR guy...

i planned on hunting with my AR-10 and I still will at some point, but the fact remains a bolt is better for hunting deer.
    Well, I do tend to agree except for the fact that the deer has no idea what it is being shot with. ;) If it is accurate enough for the job then its really just personal preference. I will say I just now realized he was talking about an AR-10 which I believe is considerably heavier than an AR-15. That might change my perspective on this a bit.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

I have the diamond back ar10 and love it.

5. Member
    I have the Remington R25 and have taken a few deer with it. It is heavy for a 20 inch barreled rifle.
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

I hunt from a hub-style ground blind most of the time. I recently purchased a CVA Scout in 7mm-08, drop a whitetail like no ones business.
    1989 Champion 184 DCR / 1989 Evinrude 150XP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12