ABA tourney on Braidwood

Anyone fishing the ABA tourney on Braidwood tomorrow? See you there if you are, otherwise wish me luck. First derby I'm fishing in over 20 years and I am actually a little nervous.

2. Member
    Any updates on the tourney?

3. Member
    I zeroed, it was a pretty tough day out there with the wind. My partner for the day caught a couple shorts and was a pleasure to fish with. Pretty good turnout, 22 boats and 16 non boaters. I did not stick around to see who and what won but I'm sure someone caught 'em, wind or not.

I will say this seemed to be a pretty good group of guys and tourney director at this event, anyone wanting to fish a relatively inexpensive draw trail should look into the ABA.

Next stop the La Crosse BFL on the 29th then the ABA on Vermillion next month.

It was pretty tough out there Saturday too. I caught a few keepers here and there but it was slow. Talked to a couple guys and they all said the same thing.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

5. Member
    They shut the plant down last week and there on beds. won't be going back for a while.
    2001 Triton TR21 w/ 2008 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSkv99 View Post
    They shut the plant down last week and there on beds. won't be going back for a while.
    Where did you hear that at? Outage isn't scheduled till 4/24/17. 27 day outage for unit 2

7. Member
    I just checked. Unit 1 is at 100 and unit 2 is at 92. Both units are still running.

8. Member
    I fished there sunday it was crazy busy, We were not in the tournament and only fished for 3 hours but caught 4, I did lose two 3 pound plus fish so that was frustrating but all in all for the first time back on this lake in years was pleasantly surprised.

9. Member
    the anglers choice touney had 53 boats 10.31 won it

10. Member
    12.10 won the ABA tourney. I figured the AC tourney had a good turnout, lots of boats out there Sunday.

11. Member
    I fished Anglers Choice. We caught 9 with 3 keepers for 7.23 pounds with BB at 3.1#. We also lost 2 really good ones that would have put us in the $.

12. Member
    https://www.facebook.com/abaildiv39/...homepage_panel

Sorry guys, have not been on BBC in a week or so...
    Michael J. Koenig