Anyone running a G3 Sportsman 17?

Looking at one with a 90. Decent price when compared to the Stinger 178, let alone the Ranger RT. Almost at the same price as a Tracker 175TXW with a 75 for a bigger boat and bigger engine

Anyone run one? Happy with it? Looking at it from Blackbeard Marine if anyone knows them. At least they don't play games with their pricing like BPS and Cabelas
    Boatless again but looking forward to Spring

2. Member
    G3s are popular around these parts. They sure do look like a nice rig but I have never been on one.

A guy on the G3 forum just did a you tube review of one. The link and thread is over on that forum.

4. Member
    Wish they came with engine options instead of just Yamaha

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Wish they came with engine options instead of just Yamaha
    Umm, are you aware that G3 owned by Yamaha?
    2008 G3 Eagle 170
    Yamaha 90 2 Stroke (TX Boat)

2007 G3 HP 170
    Yamaha 115 2 Stroke (MN Boat)

I've had a couple Yamahas and have had zero trouble with any of them.. Probably in my opinion the best outboard made.
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

What's the price with the 90 ?
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

8. LDraper
    Quote Originally Posted by shemstreet View Post
    Looking at one with a 90. Decent price when compared to the Stinger 178, let alone the Ranger RT. Almost at the same price as a Tracker 175TXW with a 75 for a bigger boat and bigger engine

Anyone run one? Happy with it? Looking at it from Blackbeard Marine if anyone knows them. At least they don't play games with their pricing like BPS and Cabelas
    I have one...it is my first bass boat and I could not be happier with it. I have had it over a year now. Great on gas and plenty of room for storing gear. I have not had the first problem with mine. Look at my profile and you should be able to find where I have talked about it before. Great solid boat for the money that is for sure.

9. Member
    I upgraded to a 5" Garmin Chartplotter and 24v Maxxum 70 trolling motor. Just a hair under $21K
    Boatless again but looking forward to Spring

10. Member
    You'll be great with that 70# maxxum. That's was a wise Upgrade. I have a '04 1756dlx, with a 50. That I bought used. If I'm smart, I'll keep it.

11. Member
    That series has a pad hull and it will hit the mid 40s. Looked at that boat, but didn't want Grey motor. Picked the Lowe Stinger because it was all tin.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver