Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A month away ... hope to see a few of you all there

2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

We'll be there!! Never fished Hartwell and looking forward to it. It's awfully low right now.
    09 20x3 w/Merc 250 Pro XS

Can't enter but will be there in spirit!

Good luck!
    Old Retarded Jarhead
    Master Sergeant of Marines (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Retafsp View Post
    We'll be there!! Never fished Hartwell and looking forward to it. It's awfully low right now.
    I was afraid of that but am hopeful they start filling her up...

5. Member
    I'll be there as well to donate.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Charts show that they start filling her back up to full pool in May.. we should have a full pool condition come the week of.

I will be across it the week before and will post here if it appears to have more water in it. I go to a plant in Seneca every week and one of the guys I regularly talk to said they don't put water in the lake; they wait for rain to do that. According to him it's not regulated like a flood control lake.

Tim/BJ, when you guys arriving and staying?

I plan to arrive Sunday and have two cottages right at the launch site called Tigers Cove.

I stay with the same group of guys every year and one of the guy's parents have a place on the lake about a 20 min drive from Green Pond Landing so we're all staying there. I was across the lake this morning and it is still very low and gas has finally gone above $2 there.

I normally stay with the same group of guys every year and one of them has a place on the lake about 20 min drive time from Green Pond Landing. Mot of us will arrive on Saturday.

Nice... That should make the trip a good one.. We had a group that started attending these in 2006.. have missed a few as we are all split up now.. so far we are planning to have two boats.. Jake and I were stationed at Dyess in the late 80's.. The lake should fill back up, at least I'm sure many are hoping.. Are you guys pre-fishing all three days?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CigarBasser View Post
    Tim/BJ, when you guys arriving and staying?

I plan to arrive Sunday and have two cottages right at the launch site called Tigers Cove.
    I plan on arriving the 6th and will prefish a few days. Currently, I have a house rented on the lake that is about 2 miles from the ramp and has a dock, but I believe the lake is too low for the dock to be usable though. I stayed at Tiger Cove last October and it was okay. Even though there is a boat dock and ramp right there, the ramp was unusable due to the lake level. Really hope it starts filling up, but unsure if mother nature will cooperate or not.

Some good rain just went through there today.. So hopefully it will raise up some more.. Hopefully Tiger Cove will work out.. Liked the fact that it was right there with a ramp.. Was it secure and clean? Just gonna be two per cabin.. Thanks

14. Member
    Tiger Cove was fairly clean and secure when I was there. However, they didn't have electrical outlets outside to charge your batteries, so you might want to bring an extra long extension cord to plug into the cabin. The Green Pond ramp was only 2 minutes from the campground since there is a cut across road to it.

My partner (Jake) and I were stationed at Dyess from 77-79 (first base) and we've been best friends ever since. We started fishing this together in 2001 and have fished every year but the one year we went to Dale Hollow. Some of the other guys I've known since the 99 tourney at Sam Rayburn and the 2000 tourney at Guntersville.

Just got assigned boat 58..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

17. Member
    Boat #30 right here. I'm surprised with the low registration so far unlike in the past at Eufaula where there would be +80 boats registered at this point. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the lack of nearby lodging at Hartwell unlike Eufaula had Lake Point Resort State Park right there that had ample lodging.

Hartwell is a very tough lake in May nowadays. The good times of topwater schooling fish action are long gone. Lots of fishing pressure and publicity have pulled down the quality fishing of the past. Having said that, many good fish will still be weighed by someone as they always are down there. i have fished it for the last 30 years and consider it my home lake. I havent registered yet as i am still unsure if i can get off work for that many days in a row.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

Registration does seem low.. Not sure how the ABA goes about marketing this event but it would appear they could do more.. hopefully it will get to 100 boats before it starts.. hope to see you out there KHNC..

Thanks CB, just found out my partner cant get off work. Looks like I'm out. I may come down for a weigh in one day tho. Good Luck!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast