Question New to Me 595 Charger. Have set-up question??

I have just bought a 2000 595 Charger with a Yamaha 225 OX66 and in the couple of trips I've been able to take to the lake I've wondered if a Jackplate would lift the Bow a little more while running 3/4 to full speed? I know that the pad on these boats is recessed a lot more than normal and there's talk of not needing a jackplate on a Charger. Just looking for input from some of you guys who have. Even running them for a while. Oh and FYI I came out of a Bullet 21 XRD where a jackplate is everything.

I can't help you but someone will be along that will. Just wanted to say welcome to the Charger and Bass Boat Central family. Nice to have another Texan around.

3. Banned
    Personally I wouldn't own a boat without one just to fine tune the setup. Each hull runs different even the exact same models.

4. Member
    you didnt mention speed you are getting on the water .the boat is good for high 60s low 70s as is .most folks put on a jackplate to get the motor into clener bubble free water and get a bit more speed and as a plus usualy gets the nose up a bit but not always.with the 4 inch transom a jackplate will work good on the boat .

5. Member
    You also probably get Josh at Steve's Custom Props or Croxton to work your prop to add some lift.

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies guys!! I'm actually getting, with a tournament load and a partner, around 66 GPS. Like I said it's not the speed just a little bow lift I'm looking for. I think I will probably end up putting a Hydraulic 8" or 10" setback on it and play with it from there. Also I will probably take The advice of getting my Prop worked.

7. Member
    Install a jackplate.

I don't think you need that much setback personally, I think the shortest Hydro plate you can put on it would get what you're looking for. It's never going to lift like a Bullet though, it's heavy...
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    8 inch will be the best all around plate ,hydraulic if you can,than a tempest 25 worked by Croxton and you will have the ultimate rough water ride.Dont be scared to put the pedal down and trim about half .She will eat rough water up!