Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Installing rigid type led backup lights

I'm at a loss here so need some input. I want to install some waterproof backup lights and would rather too bright than not enough because I don't mind installing a switch so as not to blind people in a parking lot. Anyone know of good kind to use.
    I want to install these on the back of my trailer.
    Last edited by kensafishin; 04-07-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Blue Water LED CyberMite

3. Member
    Ok thanks

5. Member
    Is the price 1 or a pair???

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kensafishin View Post
    I'm at a loss here so need some input. I want to install some waterproof backup lights and would rather too bright than not enough because I don't mind installing a switch so as not to blind people in a parking lot. Anyone know of good kind to use.
    I have LED's flood lights on my trailer and got then wired to my back up switch in the truck, so they only come on when I put truck in reverse and had two pair mounted under truck bumper, so they do come in handy while looking in the camera to hook up boat with in the dark.

8. Member

If you're looking at the Rigid's, you would want the white, high power A-Series lights and wire them so they come on when you put in reverse.

9. Member
    Mounted a set I purchased on amazon. Think they were 20$ or so. Tied them into my trailer reverse lights and used existing bolt holes in my rear bumper. Proly took 25 mins to install and adjust for my liking. Very bright and useful all the time.

10. Member
    I want to mount them on the back of my trailer so i need some waterproof ones if there is such a thing since they will be under water for a few minutes.

11. Member
    The Bluewater ones are really nice but a little pricey for their limited use and my $$. I used these instead and have had good luck with a pair on both my truck and trailer. I have them on a switch in the truck so they work on the truck without the trailer and when I hook up the trailer it ties into the same circuit/switch.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...rk-light/1386/
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

12. Member
    I want to mount them on the back of my trailer so i need some waterproof ones if there is such a thing since they will be under water for a few minutes.
    you want ( submersible's ) ones, I bought a BlueWater's LED strip about 4' long and stuck it on the rear axle and put a couple of zip ties in case it started to come loose.

13. Member
    Mobob...the ones you suggest above say waterproof also..that's what I'm looking for

14. Member
    Ive had the dual set you can get at tractor supply for 3 years. Super bright, never had an issue. Gave like 24 for the pair.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HT...=713%2BE9aFTbL
    Take a look at these. I put a set on my trailer and loved them so much I have put them on the back of my truck and have another set to go onto the wife's suburban.

Quote Originally Posted by bdubs540 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HT...=713%2BE9aFTbL
    Take a look at these. I put a set on my trailer and loved them so much I have put them on the back of my truck and have another set to go onto the wife's suburban.
    I put a set of those on my trailer. Their super bright. It makes my factory back up lights on both the truck and trailer look like candle light, lol.

17. Member
    Mobob...the ones you suggest above say waterproof also..that's what I'm looking for

They are IP68 rated - IP68 Rating which means that these devices are protected againstwater ingress to a maximum depth of 1.5 metres of water for up to 30 minutes, as well asprotected against dust ingress.

They have held up now over a few dozen launches without any issues. The pair on my truck are three years old and going strong. I have been surprised by their durability as the paint on them hasn't even faded.

MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

I installed a set of these on my trailer recently.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...rk-light/1508/

It's like daylight behind my trailer now. You can see a picture of them on my trailer in this thread. These are also rated IP68. Stay away from IP67, they are water resistant, not water proof and will not last long.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=818259

Ranger Z521 Mercury 250 Pro XS

19. Banned

20. Member
    I installed the Kawells from Amazon mentioned previously about a year ago. I was having trouble seeing to back down the ramp the other morning and noticed they had water in them and the intensity was very low. A lot of the lights on the market say waterproof but there are different "waterproof" ratings.
    2020 Ranger RT 198p, Mercury 150 HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast