363V Deck upgrade question

Looking at recarpeting and building out the deck on my 88 Ranger 363v and was wondering if anyone when rebuilding the deck had ever considered raising the casting deck area like 6in so the gunwale wouldn't be so deep as well as giving me a higher platform to cast from. New bass boats have like an inch in some spots from the carpet to the top of the Gunwale. Just wondering if anybody has done this.

2. Member
    ive thought about doing it in my 396v but decided to just recarpet and keep it the same height. If you decide to do it post pics.

I don't really have a good idea for going about it so I will probably jus recarpet

4. Member
    Thats exactly what I ended up doing. I haven't had this boat in the water in awhile, but I was a bit concerned about the center of gravity and the overall stability of the boat.

To raise the deck would add a significant amount of weight, I wouldn't risk jacking up the ride/balance of the boat.
    0G886873 Mercury Serial Number
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera III with 200 Merc

Quote Originally Posted by webertime View Post
    To raise the deck would add a significant amount of weight, I wouldn't risk jacking up the ride/balance of the boat.
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the answer