dale hollow bluegill ?

does anyone fish DH for bluegills?ive heard it holds good good number of good size bluegills.id like to try them,but dont know where to start looking.any info on type of area ,what baits,what depth,or any other info is appreciated.will be putting in at wolf river marina.thanks

2. Member
    I would think with the next full moon they would be on the beds which would make for a awesome time. I would look for shallow flats 3ft and less casting small jigs about first of June.

3. Member
    Killer shell crackers too- try a whole night crawler on a drop shot- you'll hammer some giants plus catch a bunch of smallies as by catch

4. Member
    I try and go at least one week every year and catch some for the freezer. It does have giant bluegill and shell cracker in the lake but at times the size is hard to find. For me as a general rule the better fish are never in less that 8 foot of water and have caught them as deep as 20. Night crawlers on a drop shot or jighead on the bottom is the only way I fish. Find some shelly rock bottom with patches of grass in it at the depth mentioned above and keep moving to you find them. Good luck!