Thread: Estimated Value

Estimated Value

Wondering the value of my boat as it sets. It's a clean, garage kept 2008 Tr21X single console, HDS 8 and 12, dual 12' Power Poles, 4 bank onboard charger, Mercury Smartcraft, 112 MK Fortrex. The 08' Mercury 250 ProXS has a cracked block at the #4 cylinder, according to European Marine it is not repairable. Any ideas what this boat would bring as is?
    2008 Tr 21X- 2018 250 Mercury Pro XS 4S
    2B595479

2. Member
    Id say 25k. But its just a guess. That cracked block is the tough part. Too bad really. Without that id would be significantly better.

3. Member
    If the motor is indeed toast. 25 is way high.. I'd say in excellent shape 16-18. Any kind of legitamate repower is going to set you back 7-10... new will be double that.

4. Member
    18-20 with depth finders and poles. High value with motor is 30. There is a guy on here looking for an older Triton now.

5. Banned
    not trying to be a dick, but why not buy a power head and do it yourself. Its not as hard as you may think, take your time , take pics, get a buddy to give you a hand. If you don't have an engine hoist or a come along hanging from a garage beam 2 guys can lift the power head off the midsection. have the injector rails and injectors checked out because something caused the damage. ( I'm assuming a piston failure which decided to exit the block). You can get a circle ring for lifting it at farm and fleet for about 15$. If you try to trade it in you will get your ass handed to you, and selling it broken people really aren't that interested in doing that much work just to have a 9 year old boat. You would have to keep it afterwards , but it sounds like a good ride, and another 500 hrs....just my opinion...good luck

6. Member
    If you like the boat check around. I blew the powerhead on an 04 225 hpdi. They wanted 8k to rebuild.I talked to the mechanic that always serviced my motor and he knew someone that had a motor he rebuilt and was not going to use. I got a rebuilt 06 225 hpdi for 5400 and sold my old one for 2100 for parts. Just an idea.

7. Member
    Money wise a new factory short block from Mercury would be the best option if your going to keep it and you can buy a three year warranty.

8. Member
    Yeah id have to agree with you guys. 25k would be too much. But i think you should repair the motor as opposed to buying a new one.