Traditional IRA investment

Where would you guys suggest putting $5500 traditional IRA investment that will ride for another 30 years unless something changes. I have a Fidelity account so something that I can use there is preferred. I have been really disappointed in my accounts in the last few years considering the overall growth in the market so looking for some help. I don't want to juggle money so looking to put it and let it ride.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    AMZN..........lol just kidding

I would start with Fidelity's website. I'm sure they have resources on their site to help you decide. Your options are, stocks, bonds, ETF's and funds. I personally choose stocks, but I also watch them daily. I'm sure there are plenty of choices in different kind of actively managed funds at Fidelity, but look at what they cost.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    30 years.... drop it into a Total Market Fund or S&P 500 fund and forget about it.

4. Member
    Fidelity Four in One Index fund. Mine has done pretty good. Are you going to add to it or just leave the $5500 alone? Also, why not a Roth instead of traditional?

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    AOA. It is an etf of etfs. It is called aggressive allocation, but is more growth than aggressive growth. It offers total diversification for a really low cost.

Two Fidelity funds that have done really well for me over the long term are Select software and IT services, and Select Retail. I made my investment in Select Retail in my IRA back in the mid 80's. I haven't moved anything into or out of it since then. It has grown 1,100 percent. Will it do that well the next 30 years? I don't know, but you might want to research it and see if it is something you are interested in.

Get a managed account and let them manage.. make regular donations and it will treat you good.
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

8. Member
    In any investment you have to look at what your goals are. Is it something that your in for the long haul or something to make a few bucks and move on. With IRA I would think your in it for the long haul and would just leave it alone and add money to it as your able. Find someone you can talk with and trust. I'm big into face to face meetings not some online crap.