Thread: Nuke Boats

Nuke Boats

I saw several boats spraying the Withlacoochee River while airboating. The few lakes I like fishing have been over sprayed to the point of destruction and now the river closest to me is being killed off. This might be the worst year of over spraying that I have personally seen.

2. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    youre not the only one with that opinion.

somebody at the FWC needs to be fired over all of this overkill spraying regimen

3. Member
    I agree with you 2. I think they are spraying just to spray. There is nothing left in a few of my favorite lakes. Hopefully they will use up this budget early this year.

4. Banned
    Just to add to the thread and the 'dumber than owl sh!t' moves by the team of squirters.. They wrecked/killed ALL the pads behind My house which wasn't coordinated w/the Harvesters which led to more dead crap on the bottom. What do You think would happen if some anglers or designees of same, stole ALL the deadly poisons off the truck while they're out 'scouting'?

5. Member
    Today I think I finally seen it all. My normal drive up to Okeechobee is straight up US27, its lined with a diversion canal that allows water to flow south to the everglades. I could not believe what I was looking at but the bushes and the trees along that route were 100% sprayed with chemicals. I cant for the life of me figure what they would be spraying 5 feet from the shoulder of the road, but for miles the entire bank right along US27 look just like it does on Okeechobee everywhere, burnt hanging leaves on everything that was once green. I mean I'm talking bushes that are a good 20 feet from the canal. These people are spraying everything and anything just to use more chemicals. how this does not make major news is beyond me. Fished some areas on Big O today that I haven't been to in a year and they are destroyed, not a blade of grass anywhere, the outside lines are no longer lines, no pepper grass, no hydrilla, no pads, and very few hard reed lines. Areas that should be holding fry and post spawn fish are void of everything that would make for good habitat. These clowns are destroying these lakes.

I wish I owned a drone and would just follow these airboats around and video them from above so everyone could see what it is they are spraying. They spray everything! Absolutely ridiculous what these people are doing to our waters, our fisheries, and our ecosystem. The amount of chemicals pumped into these lakes should be alarming. People want to blame big sugar for everything, dam these people are directly putting poison the lake and I don't give a dam what they say it doesn't do, it kills everything that make an ecosystem an ecosystem.
    Last edited by JayLaw; 04-08-2017 at 10:03 PM.

6. Member
    On Kissimmee there are 3-5 sprayers 5 days a week. If the wind is howling it does not matter. There is no way they can control the chemical coming out of that hose when the wind is blowing that hard. And you had better not be down wind from them or you will get NUKED..

7. Member
    No one in this state will stop them, its been going on for far too long to stop this money train. Our one hope was for the Elites on the BASS to point out to the rest of the country on how bad the Big O is when there were down there last month. Just a few of them mentioned that there was not as much grass and the water was a lot dirtier than in the past but it was like they were muted by someone. That's how back in the eighties when Ray Scott pulled all BASS events out of Florida because the fisheries were so bad, that got the attention of our pinheads in this state and they made some big changes. Until some outside source does this again it will continue. The big question is why are all of our state biologist's so quiet on what is going on here?

What are the rules for oil and hazardous substances?

CWA also prohibits discharges of oil or specified hazardous substances. It further requires that all spills be reported immediately if the amount spilled is greater than the individual "reportable quantities" that EPA has specified for each of some 300 designated "hazardous substances." Reporting spills quickly to the Emergency Superfund Branch (see FE615, Appendix, for telephone numbers) insulates the offender from criminal prosecution but not from civil liability. It also provides for the development of a National Contingency Plan to efficiently remove spills.

call them every time you see them spraying. Maybe they would have to check it out. Under the "clean water act"

I live on Lake Istokpoga and I can tell you they are killing this lake! It gets sprayed about 5 days a week. I watched them spray behind my house today

10. Member
    I wrote a letter to the Governor not sure how far it will go but I let him know who I felt maybe if every one did same changes may happen.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

11. Member
    I will do the same..

12. Member
    Write Trump, maybe he could send some Tomahawks at the Spray boats. That would stop them, at least for a little while.

13. Member
    At least two (that i saw) on Tarpon yesterday. Spraying that chit 4 feet up on the bank near my dock! Sprayed all over a paddle boat boat on the bank. This needs to stop now!!
    BOB GASKINS TARPON SPRINGS,FL
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

14. Member
    Should be an article coming out in BASS times within the next 6 months, Robert Montgomery interviewed one of our guys from the FB page and it went well, hopefully some national exposure will do some good, there is a meeting this evening in Clewiston conducted by the FWC about the spraying , it would awesome if anyone local or close by could attend for a show of support against what they are doing.

15. Member
    The address is 110 W.Osceola ave., Clewiston, FL, 6-8 PM, Clewiston youth center...there is a flyer posted on the poison airboats thread.

16. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hammerhead View Post
    The address is 110 W.Osceola ave., Clewiston, FL, 6-8 PM, Clewiston youth center...there is a flyer posted on the poison airboats thread.

17. Member
    Ramon said it went well, good attendance and he felt it was getting through.