Thread: No. 8 rods?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I've got 4 of them and for the price, they're like a sore dick... can't beat it!

2. Member
    I am a Powell guy ( Inferno, Endurance , Max 3D) and have to admit that the Blackout rods are LEGIT. I have had one for over a year zero issues. Another for about 3 months and now 2 more should arrive tomorrow. Purchased them during classic sale for $41 bucks.....come on that's a deal.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    So, is a 7-0 MH a fast, or ??
    Im confused and scared to waste another $50..

If you are in Baton Rouge any time soon, go by Bowie outfitters and see if they have any left to check out. I picked one up at the sportsman show and it felt nice. Felt lighter than the 13 omen rods. The new boocoo's with the gray grips felt really good too.
    1991 Blazer VLX-150 / 2003 Mercury 150 XR6
    2015 Ranger 521C/ 2019 Mercury Racing 300R

5. Member
    Have 2, love both

6. Member
    I have three, I like the rods but have had trouble with micro-eyes popping off.

7. Member
    I bit the bullet and ordered 1... debated on ordering 2.... because my luck is I'll love it and won't be able to find another one later down the road..

just scared to get stuck with 2 rods I don't like... I'm already stuck with that halo crap..

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    I bit the bullet and ordered 1... debated on ordering 2.... because my luck is I'll love it and won't be able to find another one later down the road..

just scared to get stuck with 2 rods I don't like... I'm already stuck with that halo crap..

Been there, done that and because I ordered a 7'6, I now have 3 garden stakes.... Maybe that is why Tharp isn't fishing the Halo line any longer. The McDonalds red/yellow 'cheapie' is still working, Richie is watching over some bushes...

9. Member
    Nobody else having any issues with bait holder grabbing the line while casting on the blackouts? Me and a buddy had to tape over it to keep from it from happening. That and the guides pop out of the wrap. Picked mine up on sale at gander, super glue and some tape and its fishable. Wouldn't buy another one though

10. Member
    Well I just got the rod in.. 7-0 MH... I was scared it was gonna be a stiff as a board piece of junk like the halo daylight... it's quite the opposite.. almost dainty feeling like it might break casting a 3/8oz spinnerbait..

habdle is really small, very short grip.. I don't have big hands.. holding it with a lews tourney MB on it, back of my hand is off the grip.. and the grip is really skinny, good candidate for a Winn grip tape overwrap..

tip/action is a little thin/whippy...

not it saying I don't like it yet.. I'm gonna use it. I think it might be good for weightless plastics or maybe jerk baits... not that I needed another rod for that purpose..

for $53 it's a nice looking rod for sure.. I think I'll use it, try it out, and then probably donate it to a kid...

(I also got the falcon bucoo SR in today.. happy camper... I just don't like the handle/grip on the SR versus regular bucoo, but I may do the Russ Lane Winn grip swap on it)

11. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by Team do work View Post
    Xtra fast has a stiffer tip than fast
    This
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12