Thread: V20 Lean

V20 Lean

I keep seeing these posts about how the V20 leans when 2 guys are fishing the same side. Most boats I have owned would lean somewhat being normal when 400 lbs (being nice here) or so transfers to the same side or moves from side to side. I have never owned a bat here it ended up being an annoyance and I have owned 14 various brands. So I assume the naysayers are implying the V20 leans more than normal. I would love to see a pic of the boat with 2 guys on the same side to really see the difference vs others. I test drove one and did not notice it as a problem.

Keep in mind 3 people can stand on one side as long as batteries and gear at on the other. Pictures can be deceitful.

3. Member
    I weigh 220, my partner 235.. We fish up front all day, and we are on the same side most of the time, and I have never thought it to be tippy at all. It is a rock solid platform. I have no idea what conditions, or what weights people must be in order to refer to the V20 as tippy. Compared to a 24' pontoon.. ok maybe, but after being in lots of boats from Basscat to Triton, Stratos, Ranger, Skeeter, and Bullet, I have no issues at all with the V20 stability. IMHO

4. Member
    Thanks Chris. That confirms my experience that it is not any different than my Rangers, Basscat, Tritons, Champions, previously owned.

5. Member
    I run an Alpha 211 and it definitely rocks more than my previous Ranger 521 and Ranger 518. It's not a big problem but if I am on the trolling motor and have a big guy on the back deck I do have to pay a little attention to what he's doing.
    I'm seriously considering buying a V20 so I'm anxious to get out and try to compare the stability between the two boats. There are so many other great features to Legends that this may just be a minor point I'd have to live with.

6. Member
    I would think the hull is a bit different on the V20 to support the wide front deck which might reduce the lean effect.

I have a 2015 V20 and fish two up front all the time and never once thought it was "tippy" either. Fished three plenty of times with no issues.
    2017 Phoenix 920

8. Member
    You are going to get a little lean with the V 20. I notice it when I have a plus sized co angler on the back. The only way to eliminate the lean is to flatten out the back portion of the hull. That's the way my Ranger 520 was. The benefit is a stable boat while fishing... the down side is a "slappy" side to side ride when riding in the rough stuff. I'll take the V 20 design!

9. Member
    Thanks guys. Sort of what I figured