225 SHO leaking oil out of bottom of motor

I noticed fluid on the floor of my shop that I thought was from the lower unit. Upon further inspection its coming from the bottom of the motor just above where the lower unit is attached. Anyone heard of this happening and have any idea what the cause is? I made sure to check to see if it was draining from up top somewhere, but I cant see any sign of that. My plan is to take it to a dealer this weekend.

Before making the trip to the dealer I would check the oil drain bolt and even the oil filter to make sure they are tight and not leaking.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Have you changed filter and or oil lately? When I do, (I change oil
    from dip stick hole) the excess finds it's way and comes out where you
    are talking about.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolen08 View Post
    I noticed fluid on the floor of my shop that I thought was from the lower unit. Upon further inspection its coming from the bottom of the motor just above where the lower unit is attached. Anyone heard of this happening and have any idea what the cause is? I made sure to check to see if it was draining from up top somewhere, but I cant see any sign of that. My plan is to take it to a dealer this weekend.
    I have the same issue with my 2014 250 SHO what did you find out at the dealer??