Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goodyear Endurance tire

Has anybody tried the new Goodyear Endurance trailer tires? Made in America!
    Available in Load Ranges D and E to accommodate larger trailer load capacities, the entire Endurance trailer line carries the N speed rating allowing consumers to travel at highway speeds. The Endurance also contains a wide range of features, including:
    An optimized tread depth and decoupling groove, which help it remain cool while towing heavy loads;
    Rugged fabric-steel construction, which offers improved durability and carrying capacity while remaining compatible with tire pressure monitoring systems and typical tire inflation stations;
    A specialized inner liner, which minimizes air loss in trailer applications; and
    A scuff guard, which helps protect sidewalls
    <*)\\\|><)
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles

2. Member
    Putting a set on this morning. I plan on posting how they do when I have a little time behind them. Taking a trip to Okeechobee and Moultrie and Marion here in the next few weeks, so I thought it would be a good time to replace my Marathon white letter tires.

3. Member
    There is some info in the trailers and towing forum. Since these tires are somewhat new there are not any long term reviews yet.

4. Member
    Tire shop buddy told me about these. Sound promising. Hopefully I am a few years away from buying another set though.

5. Member
    I put a set on my single axle on the 24th, I have about 600 miles on them now from a trip I took.

6. Member
    Also am looking forward to some reviews on this tire as I am going to but a new set in the near future

7. Member
    My initial thoughts, they look like a great tire with great specs. The sidewall is very thick with rub guards so bumping a curb or something, these tires should offer some decent protection in that regard.

I miss the white letters as that really set my tires and wheels off, but I would prefer safety to good looking. They ride well, the boat did not seem to bounce or bump around any more than normal, they ride smooth and seem to track well as I expected.

I'll try to post some better results when I get back from a few trips. The guy at the tire place, who really knows his stuff about tires was extremely impressed with them, so that was a really good thing. He said they were not cheap, but the construction and specs were very impressive to him. That alone makes me feel good about my purchase. They cost me about $127 a tire, but hopefully will last a long time.

Too bad they don't make 17s for the bullet rims

9. Member
    Working on getting some permanent rubber white letters for the Endurance tires.Going to order 1 tire and see how it comes out.

10. Member
    Are you saying they make the Endurance tire in white letter?

11. Member
    I put 2 of them on my Z118 this morning and since the only towing was from the tire shop to home way to early to say much but I did notice a difference. May be subjective but with the Carlisle's I seemed to get a lot of bounce. When I watched them in my mirrors I could see them squishing (flexing) quite a bit. There was no flexing with the GY's and almost no bouncing. I got them for $114 each so not bad since I just need 2. The Carlisle's were 5 years old in February which was the excuse I gave the wife for getting a new set. Actually, I never had a lot of confidence in them to begin with. I have many years experience towing a fifth wheel and have read way too many bad stories about the Chinese made tires which dominate the market for rv's. Some call them China bombs. The Carlisle's were load range C and the Endurance are D's which is a good thing on a single axle trailer.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

I will definitely be getting these tires to try out.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

13. Member
    I have had two sets of Carlisle's on my single axle Ranger trailer. I had blowouts on each set that has ruined my boat fender as well. Still waiting on my replacement fender from Ranger. Their parts department told me they sell a lot of fenders due to tire blowouts. Both sets of tires were about 3 1/2 yrs old. Carlisle sent me the second set free after they examined the tire on my first blowout experience. If you go on the Carlisle website they have a FAQ video that tells you that ST trailer tires need to be replaced at least every 5 years. After my second tire failure/fender damage on my recent trip to Florida I put on a set of Endurance tires. in fact I junked two Carlisle's that were less than 3 weeks old. Thats what I think of them. I also talked at length with the ranger trailer engineer that walked me through how the load calculations on trailer tires are done. The C rated tires have more than enough capacity to support any of their boats that they will put on a single axle trailer. In fact he explained to me that they put the heaviest load capacity 14 inch rims on the market on their boats. The rims are rated for 1900 lbs or so and that is why they (the manufacturer) by law can't put a load range D tire on their boats that have 14 inch rims. But he said as the boat owner, I could and the boat will be able to handle them. So the Endurance tires have a load range of greater than 2000 lbs, the rims are the weakest load link if you really want to get down to the nuts and boats. Either way he said I have plenty of load carrying capacity running either a C rated or D rated ST tire on my Z118 with a single axle trailer. Long story but the Endurance tires are the only tires made in the US. I have had two tire failures due to tread separation running Chinese made tires that were not caused by hitting something or running low pressure. I have a TPS on my boat tires and the last tire blew at 53 PSI and 73 degrees. I live in Texas and the boat is used 12 months out of the year so storing it for long period of time was not the issue either. I have made only two 1 1/2 hour each way trips on the Endurance tires and have noticed less bounce with them and also less tire flexing. I did not buy them because they are a D rated tire. I bought them because they are American made. I don't trust the quality of the Chinese tires anymore. Especially now when I also have the option of supporting American jobs.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 04-12-2017 at 03:17 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I have had two sets of Carlisle's on my single axle Ranger trailer. I had blowouts on each set that has ruined my boat fender as well. Still waiting on my replacement fender from Ranger. Their parts department told me they sell a lot of fenders due to tire blowouts. Both sets of tires were about 3 1/2 yrs old. Carlisle sent me the second set free after they examined the tire on my first blowout experience. If you go on the Carlisle website they have a FAQ video that tells you that ST trailer tires need to be replaced at least every 5 years. After my second tire failure/fender damage on my recent trip to Florida I put on a set of Endurance tires. in fact I junked two Carlisle's that were less than 3 weeks old. Thats what I think of them. I also talked at length with the ranger trailer engineer that walked me through how the load calculations on trailer tires are done. The C rated tires have more than enough capacity to support any of their boats that they will put on a single axle trailer. In fact he explained to me that they put the heaviest load capacity 14 inch rims on the market on their boats. The rims are rated for 1950 lbs or so and that is why they (the manufacturer) can't put a load range D tire on their boats that have 14 inch rims. But he said as the boat owner, I could and the boat will be able to handle them. So even though the Endurance tires have a load range of grater than 2000 lbs, the rims are the weakest load link if you really want to get down to the nuts and boats. Either way he said I have plenty of load carrying capacity running either a C rated or D rated ST tire on my Z118 with a single axle trailer. Long story but the Endurance tires are the only tires made in the US. I have had two tire failures due to tread separation running Chinese made tires that were not caused by hitting something or running low pressure. I have a TPS on my boat tires and the tire blew at 53 PSI and 73 degrees. I live in Texas and the boat is used 12 months out of he year so storing it for long period of time was not the issue either. I have mad only two 1 1/2 hour trips on the Endurance tires and have notice less bounce with them and also less flexing. I did not buy them because they are a D rated tire. I bought them because thy are American made. I don't trust the quality of the Chinese tires anymore. Especially now when I also have the option of supporting American jobs.
    Good points, well made. So well made in fact, my D-Rated Chi-Com "Providers" are coming off before our first trip. Just bought 'em last year but for a couple hundred bucks,it's worth the peace of mind.We tow 500 miles each way to Canada every year. Sitting along Rt. 81 changing a tire ain't what I have in mind for vacation! (Been there,done that!) Thanks for the info.

15. Member
    Yeah, was way long overdue for a new set on my boat. When I bought the boat last year, I thought it had new tires because they looked so good. No dry rot, tread was great, and although I know how to read the date code on tires, I had failed to do so. My trailer and boat are 2008, and yes, these were the original set of tires. Made in the second week of 2008. I had made several trips to Guntersville last year, about 7-8 hour trip and never once had a problem. I consider myself very fortunate. I have a trip planned to Okeechobee in the next two weeks. I wasn't going to take that chance again, so I put Endurance tires on my trailer and the spare. I plan on hitting a few out of state lakes this year, so I'll be towing a lot. I'll report more when I have more time over these tires, but so far I think they are going to be great tires. Supporting the American worker is awesome as well.

16. Member
    Went crappie fishing yesterday (brought home 28, by the way) and put about 60 miles on the new tires. The last 5 mile turn off from the highway is about as rough as it gets for a supposedly paved road as the oil and chat overlay has peeled off in pieces so can't avoid the bumps. No flex, no bouncing and much smoother.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

17. Member
    Just put another set on my buddies Ranger trailer and they rode great. Pulled the trailer for 30 miles in and out of town traffic and they rode like a champ. Another buddy is going to put them on his trailer Monday. So we should be able to get some decent reviews in the next month or two.

18. Bassturbatin'
    Too pricey, considering the alternatives. Been in the tire business my whole life. What part of MS or Texas are you in? I wholesale in both states and can recommend much better for the money.
    Ole Miss Fishing Team

2012 Nitro Z8
    Pro XS 200

19. Member
    Cheaper or better construction? I can buy cheaper all day long, but the construction on these tires seems top notch. I might save $40 or $50 going cheaper, but if they blow out and take out my trailer fenders or damage my rig, I sure have not saved anything! I know that can happen with about any tire, but going with a top of the line should be some insurance!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    Cheaper or better construction? I can buy cheaper all day long, but the construction on these tires seems top notch. I might save $40 or $50 going cheaper, but if they blow out and take out my trailer fenders or damage my rig, I sure have not saved anything! I know that can happen with about any tire, but going with a top of the line should be some insurance!
    I agree. I just got my second fender from Ranger caused by running Chinese made tires. $800 delivered and does not include the installation. Both of my tires that failed were determined to be quality issues per the manufacturer who has given me compensation for the damages. A stand up company but poor quality tires. The Endurance are American made so buying them you are supporting a fellow American instead of some Chinese guy who gives a crap about quality. Until know you had no choice but to buy Chinese. I say spend a little more money and keep our people working.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast