Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar

Lowrance Fuel Flow Sensor

Had planed to install a fuel flow sensor for my HDS unit to read gallons used, http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Produc...sor-en-us.aspx

on a 2016 Yamaha SHO 225 do I even need that or will it read that data from the engines ECU?
    IM already reading
    Trim, Water Pressure, Water Temp, Oil Pressure, RPMs ect
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Banned
    The engine outputs only instantaneous fuel flow. If the MFD does not calculate fuel used and fuel remaining (Garmin for instance) then a storage device is needed.

3. Banned
    I have a EP65 fuel flow sensor hooked to a 200 EFI, it reads gallons used, gallons remaining, gallons per hour etc with the HDS2. It reads nothing directly from the engine and doesn't require the storage device. Might not be as accurate as an engine interface but it's pretty accurate nonetheless.

I haven't done it but if you already have the Yamaha interface to your HDS I think all you need is the fuel data manager-
    http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Produc...ger-en-us.aspx

2014 Phoenix 920 Pro XP, Yamaha 250 SHO,

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I ordered the fuel Data manager yesterday, going to try that first before cutting the fuel line and installing the fuel flow sensor., I will post the outcome
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    How did the fuel data manager work out??

7. ZO6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Man View Post
    How did the fuel data manager work out??
    Would like the same answer myself. Spent about 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with Lowrance on Friday regarding the same question and they finally came back to "fuel data manager." They were trying to help but had little experience with it. And didn't seem sure as to how well it will work. An Internet search doesn't inspire much confidence either. All I want to know is how much fuel I've burned since filling up. Seems simple ....must be hard to do.

I recently switched from Merc to Yamaha and had that info on my Merc Monitor. My fuel gauge is very unreliable so I relied on the Merc Mon for years. Thought Yamaha had the same info readily available. My SHO is connected to the NEMA network and I get lots of great data. But not fuel used. Can anyone help with this? I'll buy a cable, a gauge, whatever. Just want to be sure I don't have to buy anything else.

I just added one to my network. I haven't had a chance to play with it much but it does show gallons used since last fill up (actually since last reset) which is what really needed. I'd like to have the gauge on my HDS to show remaining fuel in the tank too, but I haven't been able to set it to do that - I'm not sure it will.

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    sorry I forgot to come back to this thread, the fuel data manager is great, and yes on the screen it will show total gallons remaining and gallons used.
    just setup tank size and fill up, 3 fillups mine has been with in a 1/2 gallon every time, I programmed it for one gallon less than my tank size for reserve.
    info@drewcraft.com

I've been using the Lowrance fuel gauge for about 6 years. It's accuracy always has favored towards the positive side. After about 50 gallons of fuel it will tell me I'm about 5 gallons short of what I actually have in the tank (10% error).
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    the fuel data manager reads from the ECU and appears to be very accurate and can be calibrated on the lowrance if necessary.
    info@drewcraft.com

Is there a trick to get it to show remaining fuel? I took mine out yesterday - filled up, went into refuel and "Set to Full"; then went into "fuel used" and reset to 0. In the engine tank configuration I had already selected 1 engine/1 tank and set the tank at 50 gallons. Like I said it shows me gallons used but no where can I find that it shows fuel remaining.

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    where do you want it to display? on the info screen or on top or a map screen?
    info@drewcraft.com

14. ZO6
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    where do you want it to display? on the info screen or on top or a map screen?
    Want mine to show on the info screen. But it would also be nice to use it as data overlay on any screen I choose. How is it done?

On the info screen. I tried adding fuel level but that doesnt show anything.

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 95ranger487 View Post
    for fuel level you would need a fuel level sensor ties to you gas tank sending unit, the fuel data manage measures gallons used and shows gallons remaining
    info@drewcraft.com

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 95ranger487 View Post
    I will get you the steps tomorrow, I just do it , not really looking at what I press, but for the info screen you can just build a new dashboard and add what ever you want
    for the data overlay its the same as adding time or temp, just pick vessel and engine to over lay engine data or fuel data
    info@drewcraft.com

Thanks Drew, I've customized my info screen, and added gallons used,;I just don't have an option for gallons remaining.

19. Banned
    My screen shows fuel remaining so I know it's possible.

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    ok when you are adding to info screen or under edit data overlay on another screen, you will find the fuel used under engine and fuel remaining under vessel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast