1996 Evinrude Intruder 150

Looking for help on the correct spark plugs for my outboard. I went to a local marine shop and the guy gave me Champion QL78YC plugs. The current plugs in the motor are Champion QL82YC, so I thought before I put the new ones in I would check with them to be sure they are correct. Talked to a different guy and he said they are not the correct plugs that I do need QL82YC but everything I come up with online is saying QL78YC.
    I just want to be sure I use the correct ones. Anyone familiar with this motor and know which are correct?? Gapped at .30?
    Thanks

2. Member
    Welcome to the forum. These motors first used the QL77JC4 plugs, I think because of idle problems OMC changed to the hotter QL82YC, then the OMC engineer's settled on using the QL78YC, this is the plug to use in your motor, gap at .030. Some of the original service manuals will list the QL82YC as the plug to use. This was all changed in service bulletins to the dealers. Look at the sticky at the top of this page for the updated spark plug charts.

Alright, thanks for your help!