Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I ordered up the cable sav r from cornfieldcrappiegear and just installed it yesterday. Love this thing. Wish I would have had this for my Terrova despite being able to run the cable down the shaft. I am impressed by people that can not only think up solutions to these types of problems, but have the skill to craft their creation. Simple but impressive work!

2. Member
    Cool. So does it allow enough rotation in either direction?

3. Member

Terrova Cable Guard

So, season's over. What is your final opinion on the Precision Sonar Coil Cable Guard? I am concerned mostly how it interferes with the Lift Assist Assy. My Terrova was just delivered in September, and without something the cable will be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    It's better than wrapping it so tight that something gives but you're right its not a good solution. As it stands today my Ulterra will manually turn about 340° to the left before the tension stops rotation. To the right it will do about 400°+

<rant on>

MINN KOTA ARE YOU LISTENING.!?!

Give us a wireless transducer or a better solution than these over priced, mickey-mouse solutions! My expensive $2,500 TM is now a $3,000+ TM because I have to buy extra chit. How many bass fishermen want a TM without a transducer? I'd venture to say very few so get your high priced engineers to work! </rant off>

4. Member
    Terrova Xducer Brackets.jpgSo, how did it work out??? I am looking for idea's as welll, 2020 Model Terrova. I cannot find thinwall 3/8 Coiled Hose. I would love to see your setup! A machinist was going to charge me too much to make these

Quote Originally Posted by joebassletter View Post
    Wow. Thanks for the good info. So that cuts my decision down, making it easier. Now I just need to decide between an offset coiled airhose like the cable save'r/cableguard and and around-the-shaft coiled arihose that I put together.

cable save'r/cableguard
    pros: easy install, easy shopping
    cons: possible more weed pickup,
    questions: does it allow full rotation plus some in both directions

Air hose around the shaft
    cons: research required for shopping, self fabrication and testing, concerns of pinching if not done right
    pros: more weedless/less risk of hangups, cleaner looking
    questions: on a 45" shaft will I have enough room for enough coils to do full rotations in both directions
    Last edited by Mooskie; 01-19-2021 at 11:17 AM. Reason: added jpeg

5. Member
    It has worked for many people since the 3 years since somebody posted before you. The alternative is to get one of the trolling motors with a built in transducer over the last 2 years. The only real complaint has been the cost. Lots have done it their way. Some good some crap. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    All I can say is be careful if you heat it up according to the instructions.
    Mine turned into a pile of goo and cost me another $100.00
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

7. Member
    Here is how I set up my Ulttera and really like the way it works, it took some tinkering and trial and error to get it right. One thing I did have to do is instead of coiled airhose I used a coiled water wash down hose for boats. It coils are a little larger and just worked better for me. I used a short peice of regular airhose underneath to help guide and keep the coils from pinching.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2A...hrbTV1S2M/view

8. Member
    That looks sweet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12