Baitmold on ebay

Anyone using a aluminum mold from baitmold on ebay? He has some molds I like but I wanted to see if anyone has tried them.

Allen

2. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    Nice copies of patented and copyrighted baits from companies. Surprised flea bay allows them to be sold. Heck, they even use the same name. Won't get my $.
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran

3. Member
    I would not suggest it I have seen the it sounds tricky business, what happened to someone coming up.with there own ideas

4. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 04-19-2017 at 08:31 AM.

5. Member
    If you look at it in the long run by the time you buy a mold, injector, plastic, color, flake, then figure your time if you want to figure that. it is cheaper to buy than make when you can buy them any way

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    If you look at it in the long run by the time you buy a mold, injector, plastic, color, flake, then figure your time if you want to figure that. it is cheaper to buy than make when you can buy them any way
    Looking to make some 3.8 Fat Impacts in colors not available from Keitech.

Allen

7. Member
    A buddy bought a slug o type mold for me to pour for him and I had a very hard time getting the baits from the mold even with release oil needless to say it was a waste of money. That being said I imagine all those little ridges would be very hard to get the bait from the mold. I believe the BTS has a mold close but it might take a little while to get it. That's just my 2 penny's worth

I have 6 Baitmolds soap stone molds that he made for me ( my designs not copies ) I found if I take yum attractant and lightly coat the molds both sides and let plastic cool , I don't have a problem with the bait releasing , but mold has to cool down , definitely a problem to remove if your in a hurry

2009 ELITE 210

9. Banned
    Here is some more info re: "BaitMold"

http://www.tackleunderground.com/com...1-baitmoldcom/

10. Member
    It seems everyone is commenting on the sandstone molds. I think I am going to order a single cavity Keitech type mold in aluminum and give it a try. Just looking to make some colors for personal use that I can't get from Keitech.

Allen

11. Member
    Allen is this an injection mold?
    Question everything!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post
    Allen is this an injection mold?
    Injection mold.

Allen

13. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I have 2 of the soapstone swimbait injection molds. I must say, they are GREAT. Like mentioned, let them cool a bit longer before removal.
    I also use cooking spray with a paint brush to coat both sides of the molds. The baits come out perfect. BUT, I still buy Keitech colors and these
    are for personal use of colors not available. "GO FOR IT" and you wont be disappointed. Shipping is at least a month to get them when ordered.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

14. Banned
    Its sad that companies can make anything these these days without someone copying their work.