Made mounted spooling station table

in garage of course :) Cost about $50 to build with sewing machine motor pedal. hung on hinges to fold away

Attached Images Attached Images

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Thats pretty cool!

How does it work? Do you have to remove the spool??

4. Member
    Yeah, I'm confused as well. Everything is like camo'd in a sea of stickers. What's the motor for?
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

5. Member
    Its like a spooling station they have in stores. this picture should clear it up

6. Member
    the main goal was to split spools and not waste 60 yards left on spools. So i run off 100, 110, 125 yards depending on what a spool starts with. Then i top off with backing. then pull it off with empty spools and flip so backing is on bottom. No line twist and less partial spools wasted
    I do a lot of finesse fishing, so putting 4, 6, and 8 lb line on 2500 reels doesnt fill the spools much at all.

What is the assembly that holds the spool made from? Parts list please.
    Last edited by mlh1955; 04-06-2017 at 10:17 PM. Reason: More detail

8. Member
    Berkley Portable Line Spooling Station. Bass pro had them on sale for $20 couple weeks ago. Normally $30. Its all plastic. Dont know how long its gonna last. Probably not very long unless you do what i did. Took it apart and covered all the areas that are plastic to plastic with a silicone grease.

How do you set up to get line off the reel spool on to the empty line spool? What type of motor & where purchased, same with line counter.

10. Member
    i use an empty spool with a long bolt and a nut thru it then mount in cordless drill, pull filler while reel spool mounted on reel. do the same for main line with another empty spool. The motor and foot pedal is for a sewing machine. i purchased on ebay for under $25 brand new. The line counter is just a basic berkley counter i mounted on a flexible aluminum arm usually used for cell phones.
    To attach the motor end to the spooler end i used a thick teflon tube and drilled small holes in it thru the motor shaft and spooler drill attachment shaft and put small nails thru and bent over. then covered with electrical tape. thats the black thing between motor and spooler

You are pretty ingenious. One last question:) how do you spool up a bait caster?. Do you mount the reel and spin the handle somehow? Thanks

12. Member
    i dont have many casting but i still have the rest of the mount

Looks Great