Thread: boat pricing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

boat pricing

I read on here , people ask about price of boats mainly or differences in price and comparisons . when price of something is the topic it seems all I see is pm sent why. is there a reason nobody wants to help others or inform them

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ranger487vs View Post
    I read on here , people ask about price of boats mainly or differences in price and comparisons . when price of something is the topic it seems all I see is pm sent why. is there a reason nobody wants to help others or inform them
    I don't need to tell everyone how much I payed on a public forum. Also those who are dealers or connected to dealers are likely prohibited from openly discussing proving online.

3. Member
    It's not 100% cut and dry by the numbers.

Many new boat owners live in areas where they're limited to just one or two dealers. Only dealers in your area can give you below MAP pricing.

In addition to that, a dealer may work with you on the MAP pricing, but then also work with you on accessories you add to the boat, or, post-delivery work you want done to the boat.

For example, on my new 2017 520C, I paid 2K under MAP and received some discounts on the upgrades I've added. I know I could have received a better price from someone else and saved a few grand, but, the dealer is close to me which is very convenient, and, I have confidence that the dealer will take care of me if I have issues. To me, that is a fair deal for both the dealer and myself.

4. Member
    I'm not asking the exact amount on anything. but a ball park price could help someone. I understand different areas have different numbers, I have said things like in my area they seem to run around...... just get a feeling somethings are top secret. someone on here is asking the difference in price in c boat and non c. could it be say about 5k. no its pm sent. I read on here for info and help anybody I can if I know the answer. I really don't care what you paid, a ball park on what something costs is good

5. Member
    If that's what you're looking for, a simple google search would get you the numbers. There's plenty of new boats advertised with prices.

6. Member
    Obviously you dont drink the Bassboatcentral kool aid either. I have no problem posting prices. Nitro is the only company not embarrassed to advertise pricing. All the other companies its a big secret.
    Last edited by jxb9723; 04-05-2017 at 07:52 AM.

7. Banned
    Sorry double post
    Last edited by sabby; 04-05-2017 at 09:08 AM.

8. Member
    its nice to know somethings in general. say a tandem trailer with cost you about $$$$$$ more . that won't be in an advertisement. just an example .

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I have definite reservations about everyone in my area being able to read on BBC what I paid for a boat. Couldn't care less about what someone thousands of miles away knows about my business, but I don't want local people either busting my chops for paying too much or grousing to our shared dealer that I get all the good deals. As for generalities, surely you jest. How close would the pricing have to be to satisfy everyone's curiosity? If I say "It's in the 50s," is that close enough? Why can't the concerned parties just call the dealers and ask the same question? And what is wrong with a private message reply? To me, that's actually going the extra mile, establishing a direct contact for follow-up questions. Frankly, if someone is so far insulated from making a purchase that the most general information, not even posted directly to their own question, is the most help he desires, he's so far from writing the check that the prices will have changed dramatically before he's ready to lay down, anyway. Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I don't see a whole lot wrong with status quo in this regard.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    It's pretty easy to find approx what you've paid for your vehicle, just like it is pretty easy to find approx what you've paid for a property.

The only people you're keeping the info private from are the ones that don't know how to use a computer.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ranger487vs View Post
    You could call a dealer and ask them. Seems pretty simple to me.
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

not anything more than second hand rumor here but a 89000 ranger fs 621 loaded up sells to a ranger prostaff for 65000....... that pisses me off i dont own a ranger but i would if i could call myself prostaff AND get that RUMORED PRICE

Quote Originally Posted by jxb9723 View Post
    Obviously you dont drink the Bassboatcentral kool aid either. I have no problem posting prices. Nitro is the only company not embarrassed to advertise pricing. All the other companies its a big secret.
    Ranger and Skeeter both advertise their price in Bassmasters magazine. Phoenix does advertise prices also.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    not anything more than second hand rumor here but a 89000 ranger fs 621 loaded up sells to a ranger prostaff for 65000....... that pisses me off i dont own a ranger but i would if i could call myself prostaff AND get that RUMORED PRICE
    Unless you're an actual pro, you would likely fail the background check, or fail to get approval from rangers marketing department for that discounted rate.

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    I have definite reservations about everyone in my area being able to read on BBC what I paid for a boat. Couldn't care less about what someone thousands of miles away knows about my business, but I don't want local people either busting my chops for paying too much or grousing to our shared dealer that I get all the good deals. As for generalities, surely you jest. How close would the pricing have to be to satisfy everyone's curiosity? If I say "It's in the 50s," is that close enough? Why can't the concerned parties just call the dealers and ask the same question? And what is wrong with a private message reply? To me, that's actually going the extra mile, establishing a direct contact for follow-up questions. Frankly, if someone is so far insulated from making a purchase that the most general information, not even posted directly to their own question, is the most help he desires, he's so far from writing the check that the prices will have changed dramatically before he's ready to lay down, anyway. Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I don't see a whole lot wrong with status quo in this regard.
    This sums up 95% of how I feel. I would add that if I put up what I paid for my boat I then have to include a laundry list of what I added (and I added a ton) and include things like the fact that I ordered my boat without a trolling motor or electronics installed. My brother bought a Ranger from the sales guy I used in 2010 and he sort of knew how we do business so I think that helped me out as well.

If I throw up a ball park I have to point out that I have bullet wheels and and a custom color (which I paid for since it's a non C boat) but no electronics and no trolling motor. I might post up a ball park on the Ranger board but I'd never do it in the general forum because I don't want to hear, "I got my X boat brand model for x amount less" or hear wisecracks about how overpriced Rangers are or give those guys more ammo.

If it is a Ranger vs Other brand price question on the Ranger board then I feel like you need to point out things like a Ranger trailer has almost no options. You can pick wheels. On the C boats the emergency brake is standard I think. Fiberglass 3 color fenders are your only option. Period. If you are talking to a dealer hopefully he is pointing that out but not in a way that is bashing other brands.

I do think it is insane that the only companies that list a price is Nitro and Stratos. I can't think of any other product where you go in not having any idea of a price. If MAP is out there publish it. Cabelas had MAP on their website when I ordered my boat in 2016 and I'm not sure if that is still up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Ranger and Skeeter both advertise their price in Bassmasters magazine. Phoenix does advertise prices also.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Ranger doesn't publish the price of anything that isn't a package boat anywhere. So if you want to price a a base Z521C, Z520C or a Z519 it's not readily available. I would say the same about Phoenix and anything that isn't a 721, Triton for anything that isn't the patriot package. The Skeeter packages and advertised prices do cover most, if not all, of their lineup I think.

17. Member
    Keep the info to yourself, or, help other people... to each their own.

I believe MAP on the 2017 520C Ranger Cup is just over $69K.
    I believe MAP on the 2017 520C is just over $67K.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Ranger doesn't publish the price of anything that isn't a package boat anywhere. So if you want to price a a base Z521C, Z520C or a Z519 it's not readily available. I would say the same about Phoenix and anything that isn't a 721, Triton for anything that isn't the patriot package. The Skeeter packages and advertised prices do cover most, if not all, of their lineup I think.
    True.

Syncros, I almost picked out the same colors on my new boat as yours. Ended up putting the pearl mist as stripe #2 instead of the maroon. I like your colors a lot. Nice boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    True.

Syncros, I almost picked out the same colors on my new boat as yours. Ended up putting the pearl mist as stripe #2 instead of the maroon. I like your colors a lot. Nice boat.
    Thanks. Pearl mist is a beautiful color. If I could get a whole boat done in it I would do it if the cost wasn't insane. I was worried how all that silver would look in person but it's good. Bright in the sun if you don't have sunglass on, but it stays cool and it doesn't show dust. I live on a gravel road so I have a never ending battle with dust.

20. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The extent to which complete strangers feel free to criticize anyone's expenditure on a nice boat, truck, house, et cetera boggles the mind at present. In each of my last 3 Rangers, at a time when each was 3+ years old, I've been approached multiple times by total strangers who opined (sometimes in so many words) that it was ridiculous for anyone to spend so much on a trivial fishing tool. I'm a retired educator, for crying out loud, trying to enjoy reasonably current, warranted boats and motors as long as my health and pocketbook allow. The list of things I don't spend money on is extensive, just so I can make the very most of what disposable income I have. I suspect a whole lot of BBC members are in the same figurative boat. So yes, a knee jerk reaction to price questions may occur. And also, in line with a point made above, very few new Rangers are delivered equipped identically, so "standard factory pricing" is almost useless as a real world tool. I'll bet 90% are also delivered with some kind of dealer-installed options or changes, too, and no two dealers price these things identically. All this said, I truly hope that everyone who wants a nice fishing rig manages to get one. Just don't rain on another guy's parade because he got one before you did.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast