loosing my mind trying to find a adaptor for a pp

2002 stratos 21xl magnum with a detwiler 8in manual jackplate. the plate that power pole recommends is a samich bracket and its universal for all stratos boat except mine. my tie straps are in the way and im not drilling holes in my transom thats just retarded. also you cant ad a adaptor plate to the manual holes on the detwiler the jack plate will end up moving back in forth under load.

so i have come to the conclusion i am drilling 2 holes through my jack plate but i power pole cant seem to help me out much. anyone that has had this setup please please help me out.

2002 21xl magnum with a yamaha 250 ox66 very tight area.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Correct you can not sidemount to a detwiler jackplate you may be able to go the route of a mtos sandwich adapter then a sidemount plate to that . Not sure if it will be out of the way of your strap , would have to see pic of your setup.

3. Member
    i am going to drill 2 holes in my plate not the end of the world. i just need to make sure i clear the motor on a tight turn. everything is got to be right.
    any recommendations would be awesome

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Any custom application outside of recommened brackets is honestly trial and error hopefully someone with your similar setup will weigh in.

5. Member
    So I think I'm going to go with a s-2n-2. The 2infh neg setback should pull me away from the motor while 2in rise should put me back at the water line I hope