Question Wait Time for Ordered Triton 189trx...

My dealer ordered me a new 189trx 5 weeks ago. I'm more than ready to see her and get her broken in. Any idea on realistic wait times from the factory this time of year? Just getting antsy, LOL...

2. Member
    They may be a little faster now that they are coming out of the Nitro plant. Should speed things up a little.

Ordered mine in Feb of 04 and picked it up on derby day 3 months later.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

4. Member
    Just got a completion date of 4/25/17 with delivery soon thereafter... that will be 8 weeks. Sounds like what other folks are seeing too.

5. Member
    I ordered mine on 2/28/17, still waiting... it'll be 9 weeks tomorrow... I heard completion date of 4/29..

6. Member
    OwascoAngler, I'm guessing we went through same dealer. Hopefully with 2 they'll deliver soon. Tight lines

7. Member
    Most likely. I'm getting as anxious as a pig in a bacon factory to get this boat delivered! LOL

If the boat is done, they should get it on the darn truck and ship it up here... especially if they have 2 for the same dealership!

Quote Originally Posted by OwascoAngler View Post
    Most likely. I'm getting as anxious as a pig in a bacon factory to get this boat delivered! LOL

If the boat is done, they should get it on the darn truck and ship it up here... especially if they have 2 for the same dealership!
    They usually won't send a partially loaded truck out.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

9. Member
    I'm right there with you! I've got a trip north Memorial Day weekend I'm a wreck I either won't be able to break it in or even go!!! Argh!

10. Member
    Which model did you order? As you saw in my post, I ordered a 189TrX... loaded. 150 Merc ProXS, 2 Powerpoles, turn signal trim, tourney package, tourney trailer package, 80# Fortrex TM, MK 3-bank Precision charger, TeleStar hydraulic steering, transom saver. I'm adding on a 22.5 Dek-It mount for a Lowrance Hook 7 on the bow.

11. Member
    Sounds like a great setup.. I ordered a 189TRX, 150 Fourstroke, no poles but a Minnkota Ultrex 80# with spot lock and ipilot, 3 bank precision charger, rod organizer, lowrance hook 7 on bow with garmin echomap 73sv on console. I got talked out of transom saver but I'll probably go for an aftermarket one since I'll be nervous even though I believe they are a waste..

12. Member
    Your boat sounds very nice as well! I got the Hook 7 in the console as well.

I don't believe transom savers are a waste. Here's why... my 1992 Evinrude Intruder 150 eventually got to the point where even after tilting it up, it would ever so slowly sink over the course of several days. I checked the fluid and seals and all seemed okay. It still did so nonetheless. The transom saver kept the motor in place as it sat on the trailer during the week while I wasn't fishing and over the winter in storage. I had my Stratos 295 for 25 years without so much as a stress crack in the transom. I like to think the "Motor-Toter" had a role to play in that. I insisted that it be an add-on for the new boat.

13. Member
    My Stratos had a Johnson 115 that had a built in saver and I loved it.. guess I'll have to add an aftermarket saver

14. Member
    a friend ask about a new boat here at a dealer in NC and they told him august delivery on a new triton if he ordered that day ,
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

15. Member
    I'm being told by Ed that delivery will be on MONDAY, bro!!!! Heck yeah! At long last!

16. Member
    Best of luck on your new rig I don't think my patience level would take it I would probably drive 12 hours or whatever it is to go get the damn thing LOL

17. Member
    They're both here, dcnick!

18. Member
    Glad you got yours! I'm still waiting... killing me... can't use it this weekend anyway so better you got yours.. went north last weekend with old boat and got 200 so that eases the pain!

19. Member
    lets see some pics!!

20. Member
    I saw yours. Damn nice :) You'll be happy.