Advice For My Nephew

He fishes for his high school. They are on KY Lake this coming weekend. They are fishing out of Birdsong. He has never even seen the lake before. He called and asked me for advice, and I can count on one hand how many times I have fished it. Can someone provide me some type of update? Not trying to get anyone to give away any secrets. Just looking for a few basic things I can tell him. You can PM me if you don't want your suggestions public. Water temps & water color-up, middle, down. Maybe 3 areas they should focus on-main, creeks, ledges, etc... And maybe a suggestion of what they should be using. I know what I do when going to a lake I have never been on, but that would take me weeks to explain to him, and I would like to be able to provide him with a little more detail then just the typical "how to approach a new body of water" lecture.
    2004 Triton TR21X * 2021 Mercury 250 4 stroke

PM sent with my number. I grew up on ky lake and will be glad to help. I'll meet you somewhere and will be glad to talk through and mark a map for you/him. Just give me a call or text. I'm also here in Cookeville.

Pm or email me i live 10mins from birdsong

4. Member
    don't overlook the bridge at the back of Birdsong. Strike King 1.5 in chartreuse black back. Give it time and make multiple passes, Great highway for the bass to move back and forth during pre and post spawn. Never even have to get on Plane!