Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I mark all mine with a permanent marker.....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Hydro Dynamics is the way to go.

3. Moderator
    I agree that Detwiler is even better than before.
    The quality is second to none.

4. Member
    TTB, i feel you pain! Glad you are getting rid of that POS. On the bright side - Aluminum Scrap price is ok these days. I like Hydrodynamics Hyd JP. I'm modifying my Hydrodynamics making it even better with some cool features. It is a work in progress and must admit taking me way to long. It fishing season here so the JP project gets minimal attention lately. I will post all the features upon completion. Currently working on the mechanical position indicator for the motor plate.
    Carte's Custom

5. Member
    Detwyler all the way. I don't like any slotted hole carrying the load as it is immediately a weak wear point.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartes Custom View Post
    TTB, i feel you pain! Glad you are getting rid of that POS. On the bright side - Aluminum Scrap price is ok these days. I like Hydrodynamics Hyd JP. I'm modifying my Hydrodynamics making it even better with some cool features. It is a work in progress and must admit taking me way to long. It fishing season here so the JP project gets minimal attention lately. I will post all the features upon completion. Currently working on the mechanical position indicator for the motor plate.
    Thanks CC! We just had our 3rd child 2 weeks ago and my wife just gave me the green light to fish my club tourney tomorrow so so will be testing it out! There is zero play in trying to shake this thing, but will know more after a water test.
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

[QUOTE=tap_tap_boom;8305272]Thanks CC! We just had our 3rd child 2 weeks ago and my wife just gave me the green light to fish my club tourney tomorrow so so will be testing it out! There is zero play in trying to shake this thing, but will know more after a water test.[/QUOTE

Congrats on the baby and keep us posted on how it goes on the water.
    Brought mine to work this morning and we did an inspection and so far Im still ok. I'm sure I will be replacing soon though!
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

8. Member
    Congrats on the 3 child sir. All the best to you and your!
    Carte's Custom

9. Member
    Congrats! Start saving for a bench insert. Will be a good Christmas present to yourself.

10. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    I am sure the bobs will work fine for a while.....not replacing my detwiler yet as its close to 20 years old and has a lot of life left....the hydronamics looks great and seam to be holding up well that would be my second choice plus josh is a great dude!

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

11. Member
    If I were to replace my CMC that is unsmooth and appears twisted slightly (motor slightly clockwise) with a new Detwiler. Which one would I want? I believe I have a 2" spacer and a 6" CMC now wit a 250xs on an 04 XB21Prosport. Thx

Dan

12. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    What is the weight of the hydrodynamics hydro I know my older detwiler is not as heavy as the new detwiler aka "SEASTAR"....might be something to consider also

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

13. Member
    AHH!!! Good point SS. I can't wait to pull my CMC, weight it and compare to the weight of my Hydro JP. I am certain the weight difference will be considerable with the Hydro JP being lighter. My estimate is the Hydro JP will be 20 lbs lighter than the CMC.
    My plan is to offset the 15lbs of weight added to the Bow (Ultrex weight compare to Maxxum weight) and the (est) 20 lbs weight loss due to change in JP by moving the motor back 1" using a spacer/wedge between the motor and motor plate- JP. Considering that for every inch a 500lb motor is moved away from the transom approximately 42 lbs of downward force is applied to the transom but does not add total weight to the boat/motor. I liked the balance of my boat better before installing the Ultrex; installing the Hydro JP will allow me to balance the boat. Don't know if 1" back will make it drive weird.
    Carte's Custom

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartes Custom View Post
    AHH!!! Good point SS. I can't wait to pull my CMC, weight it and compare to the weight of my Hydro JP. I am certain the weight difference will be considerable with the Hydro JP being lighter. My estimate is the Hydro JP will be 20 lbs lighter than the CMC.
    My plan is to offset the 15lbs of weight added to the Bow (Ultrex weight compare to Maxxum weight) and the (est) 20 lbs weight loss due to change in JP by moving the motor back 1" using a spacer/wedge between the motor and motor plate- JP. Considering that for every inch a 500lb motor is moved away from the transom approximately 42 lbs of downward force is applied to the transom but does not add total weight to the boat/motor. I liked the balance of my boat better before installing the Ultrex; installing the Hydro JP will allow me to balance the boat. Don't know if 1" back will make it drive weird.
    I'll find out soon....my 10" plate should be done this week.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

15. Member
    Tested the Bob's Action JP and damn is it solid! The only down side is I need to relearn how to drive her without that slop to find that sweet spot. The steering is also significantly better. Will get some GoPro footage at some point and share here
    Mike Malinao

16. Member
    Damn, I'm just now catching up on this. I didn't intend for this thread to get out of hand and was extremely pissed off when I posted, sorry guys. My experience is different than most of yours because I bought my boat, had it towed 2500+ miles and my 1st time out the actuator blew a seal so my 1st experience started off bad and only got worse from there. Did the previous owner have any issues with it in the 5 years he had it, I don't believe so. Obviously there are a lot of factors at play as to why mine turned out the way it did, is it CMC's fault? No. Do I believe that over time others will have the same issues I had, maybe..strong possibility. Is the design perfect, far from it.

I'm very happy with the JP I have now it goes straight up and down, doesn't climb left to right, it's quick as hell, and doesn't move at all.

Everyone will have different opinions and like one over the other and to each their own.

-Mike
    Mike Malinao

17. BBC SPONSOR
    You should know by now Mike that we never stay on track
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    I think bobs may be the only thing worse than the cmc....yikes....
    Agreed or Atlas. Detweiler is the only one I will run or maybe Steves new plate
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12