Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Lund 1875 (Or 2075) Pro V Bass XS tournament... fishing boat

18'9". 96" beam. Huge front and rear decks. Tremendous amount of storage and two fold down seats just behind the drivers and passengers seats for when you bring the wife and kiddies. It also has a Ski Pylon Option. Add a dual console (One screw and two alignment pins hold it in so easy removal!) to keep "Honey| out of the wind! And, it'll handle ruff water!

https://www.lundboats.com/boat-model...pro-v-bass-xs/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocBetxA-y6I

Last edited by OBT; 03-23-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

2. Banned
    I am kinda partial since this is what I run, but if offers the bost of both worlds IMO. Swim ladder, ski pylon, rear seating that flips down for a large casting deck, etc.

Id get a new wife and boat!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Here is another fellow with "wife's consent"

best-ad-ever-bass-boat-for-sale-56-000-obo-2015-31435198.png
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I dont think you can get a ski pole on the 620/621 boays, and most dont have swim ladders.
    Was not gonna use it anyway !!!!

6. Banned
    I’d buy her a ski boat and me cheap John boat. Would be better than a fish and ski. About a worthless boat unless you’re just drifting and dunking a bobber around.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bass Tard View Post
    Lund 1875 (Or 2075) Pro V Bass XS tournament... fishing boat

18'9". 96" beam. Huge front and rear decks. Tremendous amount of storage and two fold down seats just behind the drivers and passengers seats for when you bring the wife and kiddies. It also has a Ski Pylon Option. Add a dual console (One screw and two alignment pins hold it in so easy removal!) to keep "Honey| out of the wind! And, it'll handle ruff water!

https://www.lundboats.com/boat-model...pro-v-bass-xs/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocBetxA-y6I

That Lund is nice .

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    I’d buy her a ski boat and me cheap John boat. Would be better than a fish and ski. About a worthless boat unless you’re just drifting and dunking a bobber around.
    What are the specific shortcomings of FnS for bass fishing? Sincere question. My front deck is shorter, but I still have ample room. I can hit only 55mph max (I'm rated at 200, but have a 150), but I'm as fast as or faster than guys with older bass boats with smaller engines. Livewell and trolling motor and electronics are the same as a bb setup. Rod and tackle storage are roughly the same. Draft in the water is fairly comparable, as is hull design and rough water handling, with a slight edge to FnS owing to weight distribution. So, my deck is smaller than a comparable bass boat; my consoles are positioned further forward; my windshield is glass (although, I'm considering replacing it with double bubbles). For the life of me, I can't really pinpoint any areas where my Z19 Sport has an actual shortcoming for hardcore bass fishing. As I've noted previously, I'm primarily a striper fisherman, and the Z19 Sport was purposefully chosen as a more "bass centric" multispecies. I'm not sure why there would be this much disdain for a FnS -- unless green fish folks also are outright repulsed by multispecies boats. But, my sincere question is: what bass fishing functionality is my FnS falling short of? I suspect that this is a matter of aesthetical preferences more than anything.

9. Member

Just to put a wrinkle/twist in it

Take a look at the Sea Ark's Big Easy

This is one Big A$$ boat at 24 foot

Tons of room, storage and a 60 gallon livewell

I watched 7 guys fishing out of one and they had plenty of room

And when you put all the seats in it and the canopy the boat feels more like a pontoon boat and will be everything the wife wants

Happy Wife Happy Life!

http://seaarkboats.com/boat_models/view/96
    "The handicapped angler"

11. Member
    For the price of the Allison you could buy another brand of top of the line bass boat + a ski boat.

12. Member
    A guy that used to fish my club was in the same boat (pun intended). His wife told him he could get a new as long as it was a fish and ski. I forget what make and model he ended up buying. But after he got it she literally went out in his new boat 2 times. He wasn't very happy knowing he could of spent the money on an actual bass boat. Of course we razzed him each tournament.
    Brad Krone

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodRiverBandit View Post
    buy a bass boat and tell her its a fish and ski...
    Lmao!!!!!! I agree totally!!!!

14. Member
    Buy a bass boat (fish) and add a ski pylon (ski). You now have a fish and ski.

The problem with true fish and ski boats is that they do nothing great. They're not great fishing boats, nor are they great ski boats.

15. Member
    It's been beat to death in this thread but I had a fish and ski and agree that it does neither well, but if you fish more than ski it's worse.

I bet dealers love selling these, from my experience they usually figure they like to do one more then the other, and they come back in 2-3 years to fix the problem.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    I like our F&S, Skeeter 210. Owned it since new in 08 and have been very happy with it. It spends 90+% of its life as a fishing boat, and there are things you have to adapt to. But I don't feel it fishes any worse than my buddies bass boats. Great tow boat with the ski tower, and we do lots of "booze cruises" when I'm up north for the summer. That windshield is sure damn nice to have on the cold or rainy days!

Looked hard at the Ranger Reata, too. Nice boat, but heavier, much slower and not as much storage. So went with the Skeeter.
    I love my Skeeter SL210. I’m on my 2nd one. Whats not to like? It seats six. Rear bench seat with removable center pad to get to the back deck, two livewelks, two ice chests, ski pole, ski locker, rod storage, boarding ladder, stereo with 4 speakers and walk through windshield that offers decent protection for those cold mornings or summer down pours. My favorite is the bimini top when I want to take a break from the summer heat and eat lunch and the kids are playing in the water and I want shade or it starts to rain and all the real bass boats are headed to shore heading for cover, lol. My girlfriend likes the removable front and rear sun pads for laying out on while the passenger and driver seats swivel so I can turn and face her while still being in the shade of the bimini top while she gets her suntan on with the radio playing and I’m enjoying an ice cold Corona! Also, the SL210 is the third longest boat in Skeeters Bass boat lineup. The only Bass boat in Skeeters lineup that is longer is the FX21 and ZX250, so it has plenty of room. I’ve had bass and pontoon boats. My Skeeter SL210 fits the bill for me in one boat instead of owning two boats.

18. Member
    I may get some crap for this but I'd look at the newer Lund bassboat with seating for four. Bass pro-V I believe.

19. Member
    Skeeter Solera

20. Member
    My solution to the "fish and ski" dilemma. The wife wanted a ski boat, I told her "so go buy yourself a ski boat". Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that worked out all that well as I'm stuck paying the storage for both.

'17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast