Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Check out the allison xb-21. It's going to be the only one that is most likely going to fit your needs unless you got to seat more than 5 people. Check em out

I would buy 2 used boats. One bass boat & one F&S.
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

3. Member
    Sounds like you won't be able to fool your wife, she's pretty savvy. Buy two boats, the fish and ski doesn't have to be a high horsepower rig. That is, unless your state is tax happy on boats, trailers and such. You really don't want a family climbing all over your bass boat anyhow.

4. Member
    I ran a Champion 181SX for years, a Stratos 189FS before that. Don't listen to "you can't fish competitive" etc... Out of them. You have to adapt, and most don't. That I agree with! I moved back to a bass boat when my son was 16 and chasing skirts was more important than hanging with dad. In those early years I did have a few tin rigs scattered for small lakes.

Take your family boat shopping! If they won't spend the day shopping with you what makes you think they are going to spend the day on the lake? If they will spend a few weekends climbing in and out of the car and boats you guys should find one everyone agrees on. My family was most important.

5. Member
    I like our F&S, Skeeter 210. Owned it since new in 08 and have been very happy with it. It spends 90+% of its life as a fishing boat, and there are things you have to adapt to. But I don't feel it fishes any worse than my buddies bass boats. Great tow boat with the ski tower, and we do lots of "booze cruises" when I'm up north for the summer. That windshield is sure damn nice to have on the cold or rainy days!

Looked hard at the Ranger Reata, too. Nice boat, but heavier, much slower and not as much storage. So went with the Skeeter.
    John

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snickers89 View Post
    Might as well buy a set of golf clubs
    ^^^this

7. Member
    Dual console with bench seat and then install a detachable ski pole . Most women don't ski they just want to lay out . If you have a dual console you could have a foam pad made for back deck with snaps so it could be removed if she weren't going !

Lund's new Pro-V Bass 20' model is nice, with extra seating, better rough water ride, and is well laid out. It might be a competitive idea!

9. Member
    She said buy whatever ya want, so buy the Allison, I'm sure she is going to appreciate the 80k price....in all seriousness, if I had the money I would buy an Allison.....

I wouldn't rule out a multispecies rig. Or the Lund Pro-V bass if you would look at tin. It comes with a Ski Pole mount standard. The pedestal seat version can carry 4 people and then you still have the big casting deck up front, and massive tackle storage and rod storage.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    A fish and ski does neither very well.

12. Member
    You can ski with a bass boat.
    Last edited by Sports1; 04-04-2017 at 12:09 PM.

13. Banned
    Thought duel console was a f/s?

14. Member
    Take your family boat shopping! If they won't spend the day shopping with you what makes you think they are going to spend the day on the lake? If they will spend a few weekends climbing in and out of the car and boats you guys should find one everyone agrees on. My family was most important.

This is a great idea. Make sure it takes a long time to find a boat. I bet she will say get what you want after a few days boat shopping.

Buy a new wife.

Check out the Philippines or Thailand.
    Crown Royal field tester

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Thought duel console was a f/s?
    this ...........
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

17. Member
    I would seriously consider 2 boats if you have the room. A decent bass boat and a pontoon. Go bass fishing in the morning and in the pontoon after noon. I waited a while and now that we have both I love it. I can launch the toon Friday evening and if I feel like fishing all day the women and kids can go get the toon and do whatever they want. I just put a powerdrive v2 on it so I can teach them to find brush piles and then all they have to do is hit spot lock and fish to their hearts content or their out of minnows

18. Member
    A wise man once said, "man who listens to wife is not very wise"

19. Banned
    Ranger 621. You have to decide about full windshield, but you won't find a both that will do both better.

Back in 1989, me or wife never water or snow ski lolo.. But liked riding and occasional fish from new ski boat bought, 3 months later bought new stratos bass boat, so had both in 1989. Ski Boat got used the most.. like the quiet in board v-6. easy on gas and nice ride. eventually sold the ski boat 3 years ago, still have the Bass Boat and wife don't like it very well .. and she's the one crazy about fishing lolo ..

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast