Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Plenty of water and fish in the bushes today. Didnt catch any big ones in the bushes but you can catch them fast as you can change your plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    There is plenty of water in the bushes at 301.5. 303 is to much in my opinion.
    Well, I stand corrected, or at least hopefully I learned a little haha. I honestly believed they wouldnt be up in the bushes this weekend so I fished outside of them and got just enough bites to keep me there, but only 4 keepers. I think the fact that they were already moving up helped them get to the bushes quicker than normal, but I learned that they will go there at 302 and it might be better than when it's higher.
    Last edited by J Risco; 04-10-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Member
    Well with all the rain if you want to fish the bushes at Kerr this Saturday looks like your chance. Hearing it could be 310 by sat.....
    Aside from fishing the bushes and dodging the logs and debris....
    might be good..

4. Member
    Better use the backyard pattern!

5. Member
    Ha forget the bushes they will be 4 ft under water, better plan to fish the trees about 50 yards behind the bushes!!

6. Member
    Was thinking the samething. Ramp closures started and eastland creek was not on the list earlier.

7. Banned
    How long will it remain this high? thinking about coming down Monday and Maybe Tuesday?

8. Member
    Was 310.74 today. Should start dropping in 3 days. Was 3.75" rain in that area this past Tuesday. Hard to tell where it will level out and i'm sure the Corp is trying to stay on top of the rising water and level it down. I was down there in 1987 when the region was hit with a big rain event. We tried to launch two different ramps on NC side as neither were closed. Trying to launch on the pavement by the picnic tables and water bubbling out exhaust was not possible...LOL
    Driving across the Dam was wild to see all the spillways open and water building up around the end of dam on carolina side. So no launch we drove below the dam and the current was unreal. So we left and launched at the old steel bridge (Route1) where it crosses from Va into NC. It was a feat trying to hold the rope and launch it. Then they lowered Gaston was suppose to be like 4 feet and ended up going lower and we could not launch out of pea hill creek as along the shorelines there were backhoes putting in docks. We drove to Steel bridge only not to launch there as the water was below the ramp. Upon further inspection the end of the ramp was supported by a stump and the rest of the dirt was washed out. Wished I had a picture of that....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12