Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brent just has to look at a boat and it will go fast Nice running as always buddy

2. Member
    I find it interesting that the Triton forum has very little to say about Brents accomplishment. It's almost as if they don't acknowledge it or care about going fast, but we all know different when it comes to blast off.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    I find it interesting that the Triton forum has very little to say about Brents accomplishment. It's almost as if they don't acknowledge it or care about going fast, but we all know different when it comes to blast off.
    I agree it is interesting to say the least!!! from my understanding triton made that model just to be able to go fast when the bassmaster had the race coarse at each event.

Great running Brent! That boat is so fun! I always said that it was almost embassing to tell people that a Triton would run 100 because they think you are lying! BTW that boat and all the 200xp were used in Bass to race but not for speed but for running a timed slalom course. It is the same bottom as the TR20 and weighs the same.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    I agree it is interesting to say the least!!! from my understanding triton made that model just to be able to go fast when the bassmaster had the race coarse at each event.
    There was a guy in GA several years back that had one of these for sale. Blue/black combo. No motor and it needed some TLC. Was asking $10K for hull I think. Said there was less than 75 ever made.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

6. Member
    Was that televised a number of years back? I remember that and I remember Skeet Reese almost throwing himself out the boat on a sharp turn, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Worthy View Post
    Great running Brent! That boat is so fun! I always said that it was almost embassing to tell people that a Triton would run 100 because they think you are lying! BTW that boat and all the 200xp were used in Bass to race but not for speed but for running a timed slalom course. It is the same bottom as the TR20 and weighs the same.
    Mr StrokerDee :thumb

7. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStrokerDee View Post
    Was that televised a number of years back? I remember that and I remember Skeet Reese almost throwing himself out the boat on a sharp turn, lol
    yes it was like a bass boat rodeo.....they fished then ran the boats on a course some had covers over the decks ect.... Stratos ASX......200xp triton were some of the special hulls built for the rodeo part.....I remember hank parker running something thats all I can remember

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

8. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    yes it was like a bass boat rodeo.....they fished then ran the boats on a course some had covers over the decks ect.... Stratos ASX......200xp triton were some of the special hulls built for the rodeo part.....I remember hank parker running something thats all I can remember
    Seems like Hank ran dual props one time on a 225 promax

9. Banned
    He had a torque shift prop

Quote Originally Posted by motosportdad View Post
    He had a torque shift prop
    Not many know what that is

11. Member
    They were available for a few years. My understanding was it shifted and changed pitch so a great hole shot and then a decent top end, like a 2 speed transmition. Not sure how it would work on a performance package as well as the pitch seemed to not support the performance group. Seemed like a pretty cool concept, saw one but never got to run one. This probably goes back to the 80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by esdbass View Post
    Not many know what that is

Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    They were available for a few years. My understanding was it shifted and changed pitch so a great hole shot and then a decent top end, like a 2 speed transmition. Not sure how it would work on a performance package as well as the pitch seemed to not support the performance group. Seemed like a pretty cool concept, saw one but never got to run one. This probably goes back to the 80's.
    Dean, I ran one a long time ago on my Skeeter 150 Starfire and it was with in 1 mph of the best top end prop I had but it was stupid coming out of the hole, it would wheelie the boat like a Hydra stream on hole shot! Must have been a huge advantage in that BASS boat driving format.

Mechanical blades fail far more often than 1 piece cast SS... In fact, I know of a person it almost killed running on an Allison when the blade came off and he crashed into the rock bluffs at 100+ mph. That prop company stopped making them after many similar lawsuits. We cant hardly keep 1 piece cast props together on our boats. If these were a good idea, I would run one too.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

14. Member
    It's up for sale , 8100.00 no motor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

15. Member
    200 XP weighs around 1500 lbs. As Wayne said, same as an earlier TR 20.
    Last edited by jrspop; 04-18-2017 at 07:37 PM.
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate

Quote Originally Posted by scawdthedog1 View Post
    have always wanted to run a Triton 200XP so I acquired this one from Wayne Worthy (Hydro Tec ) and hung new Jack plate and a 2002 300X on it and ran it for the first time Sunday. It was 89 degrees and crazy humidity , so for the get to know the boat prop, I put a 31 3 Blade Thru HuB Hydromotive on her . I was amazed how this Boat drove and ran . First Pass was 96.... . This boat loves to run "FLAT" .... .here are the cockpit clips of pass 3 and 4 and then put it on the trailer for another day.
    There is more to come , but 101.1 is a great starting point....

The video is kinda long but shows how to take your time and let the speed come to you .

https://youtu.be/CqmUhMsqcRM

Un freaking real.
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12