Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Garmin 73SV in upcoming Cabelas Sale?

Obviously the older version since its $550 off so I'm assuming it will come with the GT40 transducer. Any downside to this one other than no chirp? It seems like everyone is after the GT52 transducer so how is the GT40?

I bought one and really don't like it but I'm comparing it to the 2 Helixs I already have.

3. Member
    It will come with the CV40 transducer. I bought one the last time it went on sale. They are probably just doing these in "bunches" as they replace the transducers and return them to the retailers.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DTro View Post
    It will come with the CV40 transducer. I bought one the last time it went on sale. They are probably just doing these in "bunches" as they replace the transducers and return them to the retailers.

That's what I was kinda wondering. It seems like these things appear in batches. I might just pass on it.

5. Member
    Well now I'm confused, I just looked closer at the ad and it says "down Vu"

It says down view and side view

7. Member
    Exactly. But when I bought mine in Feb, it was a "Clear vu". I thought they couldn't package or sell "Down Vu" units anymore?

I got one a few months ago and it was first side imaging unit so cant compare but to me it was great the first time out.

9. Member
    So some are saying they have bought these recently at Cabelas and they have the GT40 transducer bundled with them. If that's the case I'm thinking I should go and exchange my CV40 for that. I sure would like to know if one is better than the other.

10. Member
    It says "DonVu" They must be coming out with a Hybrid... Seriously, Dtro did you call Cabelas and talk to anyone in the electronics dept and ask which transducer with the new ad? I'd drive down tomorrow and exchange it.

11. Member
    Yes, I actually called 3 in my area and none of them had any in stock, so they must be expecting a new shipment (based on the featured item on the flyer cover). I will try back again later this week.

12. Member
    The pictured unit is Garmin's part number 010-01387-00 which does not have CHIRP and is discontinued. Reading the Q&A section on Cabela's site gives a few more answers: http://www.cabelas.com/product/null/2412938.uts

Link here: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/169422

Reading the “in the box” portion it says: GT40-TM transducer (12-pin) or CV40-TM transducer

Looks like it will be your luck of the draw.

If you don’t mind spending a bit more for the Chirp version with a GT52HW-TM, the best price I have found is here, and no sales tax from the GPS Store.

https://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-e...RtYaArFV8P8HAQ

13. Member
    I called the Owatonna store today-none in stock and none on order....salesperson said sale starts 4-6... weird none on order. Called Woodbury, salesperson opened the box and checked it for me, had the CV transducer.

I used my Cabelas points and want to buy from them (I'll try to get a price match on a retail store that has a better price, if possible). I looked on there website and can't find what I need, can someone help me out with a part number for the Chirp unit with the GT52ww transducer? Thanks
    Last edited by Big Schmidty; 04-04-2017 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added question

14. Member
    I bought it on the thanksgiving day sale. Absolutely love it been out 7 times and have already learn so much about a lake that I have fished for 17 years. Quick draw plus custom depth color shading. For $450. I might buy a second to put up front.
    http://imgur.com/OiJCui5. Good detail and pic quality
    1999 pro craft 200 super pro 200hp Mercury EFI 25p trophy plus, worked by mark. large vents. 25 gallon gas one full live well two guys and gear wot 66.2 5900 rpm

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchydean View Post
    I bought it on the thanksgiving day sale. Absolutely love it been out 7 times and have already learn so much about a lake that I have fished for 17 years. Quick draw plus custom depth color shading. For $450. I might buy a second to put up front.
    http://imgur.com/OiJCui5. Good detail and pic quality
    I'm guessing you have the GT40 transducer?

16. Member
    I was at Cabelas last night, they had the display for sale but came with the 40CV ducer. I ended up buying the 93SV as it has the 52XT ducer. Still on sale for $839.00..

17. Member
    1999 pro craft 200 super pro 200hp Mercury EFI 25p trophy plus, worked by mark. large vents. 25 gallon gas one full live well two guys and gear wot 66.2 5900 rpm

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchydean View Post
    Looks like a CV. The GTs are black

Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    Looks like a CV. The GTs are black
    Mine (Purchased) Feb 2016 are Grey and are GT's
    0G886873 Mercury Serial Number
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera III with 200 Merc

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by webertime View Post
    Mine (Purchased) Feb 2016 are Grey and are GT's
    You sure?