House Looking...Please advise...

We have a house near Cocoa. We are thinking of selling it and actually have it on the market. We may buy in the same development or we may move. I would like to have a house on the water and this development is on land with no water to speak of.....Just golf course type ponds.

I want to be no farther north than Orlando because of the cold weather that hits sometimes north of there. We are not rich people and also don't want a condo because we have Border Collie and she needs a little room to roam like a decent yard.

If you were house searching for a medium priced house - on the lake - right on the water with good or decent bass fishing......Where would you look? If there is some place that you know of and don't want it on the internet.....Feel free to PM me.

Thanks for the help....
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

I plan on moving to Lake Placid in 7 years, 1 hr north of where i am now for the exact reasons you mentioned.

3. Member
    My home is for sale in northeast Sanford Florida. 4 bed 2.5 bath 2500 sq ft. Im on a small pond and the st johns river is a 2 minute ride to the boat ramp. PM me if interested.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S
    12" Atlas Hydraulic
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    Solix 15, Solix 12, Solix 10
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 Ipilot Link

4. Member
    I had the opportunity to transfer with my company fro. Ft myers to Lake Placid, and I love it, plenty of lakes, Lake placid, June and Istopopga among several other lake lake that are no more than 30 minutes from, Lake Okeechobee and Kissamee are about an hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by rod74 View Post
    I had the opportunity to transfer with my company fro. Ft myers to Lake Placid, and I love it, plenty of lakes, Lake placid, June and Istopopga among several other lake lake that are no more than 30 minutes from, Lake Okeechobee and Kissamee are about an hour away.
    Thats my dream

I have fished Istopopga but have never seen Placid or June.... Are they good bass lakes? Seems like they don't get much action like Isto. I also thought about something on the Kissimmee area because the canals that interconnect different lakes. We are sorta determined to get something on the water with my boat on a lift at the back of the house. It might not work out for us .......... but that is what we want to find.

I was hoping to find some advice that would get me more lakes to look at because I just really don't know where water is with houses on it around south of Orlando without getting TOO far south... Thanks for Placid advice and June. I have not been on them before.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

7. Banned
    Is TampaJim's place still For Sale? He had a spot all dialed in.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Is TampaJim's place still For Sale? He had a spot all dialed in.
    Contracted and closing by 4/25. Tough decision to sell, but I can't keep up three places.

IMO, it's simple. If you want more fishing, less civilization = Kissimmee Chain or Okeechobee.
    If you want more civilization mixed with your fishing = Harris Chain or Winter Haven Chain.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Contracted and closing by 4/25.
    Well ... 95% chance the contract has blown up due to financing issues on buyer's end.
    Here's a link to the Zillow listing ... https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...47367156_zpid/
    Let me know if you have any questions. You have my personal e-mail and phone.
    Last edited by TampaJim; 04-04-2017 at 09:51 PM.

10. Member
    Winter haven area

11. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    …….

IMO, it's simple. If you want more fishing, less civilization = Kissimmee Chain or Okeechobee.
    If you want more civilization mixed with your fishing = Harris Chain or Winter Haven Chain.
    this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

12. Tony C
    Okeechobee city for us. North end of lake, nice home town feeling. Not too small, not too big. Can trailer to istopopga, around 30 minutes away. Also go to Garcia, stick marsh, farm 13.

homes prices are fair.
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

Well ... 95% chance the contract has blown up due to financing issues on buyer's end.
    Here's a link to the Zillow listing ... https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...47367156_zpid/
    Let me know if you have any questions. You have my personal e-mail and phone.
    Wow ! That place is nice , Jim !!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyc View Post
    Okeechobee city for us. North end of lake, nice home town feeling. Not too small, not too big. Can trailer to istopopga, around 30 minutes away. Also go to Garcia, stick marsh, farm 13.

homes prices are fair.
    About an an hour to south end of Lake Kissimmee too. This one has some appeal to me