Thumbs Up 2018 Ranger VS1782 & VS1882 aluminum Deep-V videos with engine and GPS data!

I just finished putting together these on the water videos I shot back in December at the Ranger Advantage Tour. These are the all new, totally redesigned Deep-V Multi Species aluminum boats for 2018 model year, and they are available now.

This first boat is the VS1782 powered by a 150hp Mercury Pro-XS, and you can see exactly how she runs because I used the H2O Export app to get engine and GPS data.

I hope you guys enjoy them!

This video is of the VS1882 powered by a 175hp Mercury Pro-XS.......

Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

Nice video.
    http://www.scvwl.com
    2013 Ranger 620VS Yamaha 250 and Yamaha 9.9 kicker

3. Member
    Nice boats. Looked at a VS 1780 at Cabela's last month. What did they do to the 1780, besides rename it to the 1782 to up the HP rating to 150? Wish it had the same lay out as the VS 1882 with the individual jump seats. Do not care for the full width flip seat. When up, blocks the compartments. When down, blocks the seat bases from use. What would the 1882 do with a 150 Merc 4 stroke? Thanks

4. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-I View Post
    Nice boats. Looked at a VS 1780 at Cabela's last month. What did they do to the 1780, besides rename it to the 1782 to up the HP rating to 150? Wish it had the same lay out as the VS 1882 with the individual jump seats. Do not care for the full width flip seat. When up, blocks the compartments. When down, blocks the seat bases from use. What would the 1882 do with a 150 Merc 4 stroke? Thanks
    Totally new hull design, powder coated hull (not traditional paint), more standard equipment, more storage, vinyl cockpit instead of Rawhide finish, etc.......a totally new boat. I haven't ran the 1882 with a 150 yet, but typically in the past when I have ran identical hulls rigged with 150's and 115 Command Thrust engines, there has almost always been a 3 to 4 mph top end speed difference. I would expect the same with these boats.
    Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

5. Member
    One more question. Have they remedied the cracked welds that were common on the 1780? Many threads on the up north walleye boat forums where most of the VS are sold. Here's an example with a guys replacement boat welds already cracking. Another guy's on his third

http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=609898
    Last edited by Wall-I; 04-24-2017 at 02:16 PM.

6. Member
    New to the boards, also new to the Ranger boat line. I ordered a VS1882 w/ a Mercury 150 4 stroke back in March from Cabelas. I looked at a few different boats before I decided to go with a Ranger (Tracker, Lowe, Smokercraft, and Ranger). I had a 08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 for years and it never gave me a lick of problems, but it was time for something bigger and newer. I am hoping I made the right choice as this boat is so new that I couldn't even get a test ride in one let alone see one in person. On paper and from what the salesman told me this seems to be a solid choice.I really would like some more specs on the boat like, draft, deadrise, etc. I'm hoping to have my boat mid May. This 8 to 12 week wait is for the birds!! it's really taking a toll on my spring fishing.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TD10R View Post
    New to the boards, also new to the Ranger boat line. I ordered a VS1882 w/ a Mercury 150 4 stroke back in March from Cabelas. I looked at a few different boats before I decided to go with a Ranger (Tracker, Lowe, Smokercraft, and Ranger). I had a 08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 for years and it never gave me a lick of problems, but it was time for something bigger and newer. I am hoping I made the right choice as this boat is so new that I couldn't even get a test ride in one let alone see one in person. On paper and from what the salesman told me this seems to be a solid choice.I really would like some more specs on the boat like, draft, deadrise, etc. I'm hoping to have my boat mid May. This 8 to 12 week wait is for the birds!! it's really taking a toll on my spring fishing.
    Make sure you check on your floatation when it comes in. One came in to Cabela's and Ranger forgot to put floatation in it. Luckily, prep men noticed it and it got sent back to the factory before being delivered to a buyer.

8. Member
    Thanks for the heads up!! I assure you, a welder friend (fishing partner) and I (automotive technician ) will be inspecting this new boat from top to bottom prior to accepting ownership of the vessel. I have already informed Cabelas that if the boat does not meet my standards, I want my old boat and my deposit back.

9. Member
    Update: When I ordered my boat I was told 8 weeks total wait time by Cabelas, and also Ranger (via there Facebook page). Yesterday I got a call from my sales guy at Cabelas to update me on my boat. (Keep in mind that I placed my order on March 9th 2017) He told me that my boat is finished and is now awaiting transport which could take awhile he said. The projected ship date from Ranger is June 5th!!, and that will take approx 4-5 days to reach Cabelas. Then Cabelas will have the boat for approx another week to finish installing my other purchased electronics through them. Long story short, if you get told 8 weeks when you order a boat. It's a flat out lie! I traded in my old boat as part of the deal I made. I wish I never did as I have missed out on some prime fishing times between March and June. This boat better be worth the wait!!