Thread: Wiring diagrams

Wiring diagrams

Is it possible to get a wiring diagram for your trim switch at the bow? I have contacted Skeeter but I didn't know if anyone had one and I can't find my manual. Skeeter ZX-190, 2007.

Thanks!
    Eric
    A great fisherman lives here with the catch of his life!

2. Member
    Canyou post picture of trim switch also you may want to post this on skeeter forum

3. Member
    Trim switches are wired pretty much universally if you're just trying to change a switch etc.

red is 12V power
    Blue is up wire
    Green is down wire

4. Member
    Thanks, I will post in the Skeeter forum as well. I have an orange wire, but no red. I have green, and then what appear to be bridge wires, or jumps from one side to the other.

Problem was, my neighbor's nosy foreign stepfather wouldn't shut up. I can't understand him anyway. And by the end of it, I didn't have enough posts for all the wires.

Eric

5. Member
    Shouldn't be any jumper wires on a trim switch, unless you have two switches, or if the hot is shared by another switch. On the trim switch, you'll have a red or orange (orange is hot with accessory switch on, red is hot all time), a green for the down that will go to the top of the switch (if the switch mounts vertically) and a blue that goes to the bottom of the switch (again, assuming a a vertical mounted switch).
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    So, I'm no further along and I've run out of sources. I watched a fairly decent video on YouTube about nav/anchor switches and trim switches, but neither is working. I replaced my control panel, but it blinks out occasionally as well. I have a nav/anchor light if I turn on my override switch in the starboard compartment, but not if I have the console on and the button there depressed.

The wiresnI have up front for the two switches include: A green, red and blue wire that I assume is for the trim switch. Then I have a A blue wire with a black line on it, an orange and an orange with a black line on it, a black wire, a grey wire with a black line on it, plus two jumpers. According to the video I watched, the jumpers should bounce between positions 1 and 3 and 2 and 5 (power). But that ain't working.

Any suggestions beyond driving two hours to my dealer would be much appreciated. Beyond that, I'll trade it for a Ranger.

Eric

7. Member
    The red, green, and blue are for the trim switch. The orange and orange with tracer should be hot with a master switch on. The black wire will be a ground and will not connect to the switch unless the switch is lighted, then it will connect to the "light" terminal of the switch. Grey wires are usually for the navigation lights. If yours has red jumpers, then someone has "built" a light switch from a 6 pole switch (DPDT). The original switch has metal jumpers built on the switch. The console nav light switch should control the bow panel switch and the orange wires if connected to the light switch are probably getting it's power from the console light switch. Without seeing how you're wired, would be hard to give you a diagram not knowing what someone before you has done.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Thanks John. The switch was original that finally went bad. I made a mistake not jotting down the diagram before I started moving wires over. My jumpers are black.

I'm starting to think this is more of a control panel issue than a switch issue.

Eric

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
    Thanks John. The switch was original that finally went bad. I made a mistake not jotting down the diagram before I started moving wires over. My jumpers are black.

I'm starting to think this is more of a control panel issue than a switch issue.

Eric
    If you can email a pic of the back of the switch, I may be able to help
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

10. Member
    OK, I'll try...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpath View Post

Eric
    . Hint: we all have smartphones, take a picture, it better than jotting it down.

12. Member
    I totally get it now Stretch. Honestly, I really wasn't myself. I had a double ear infection and a yappy neighbor's father in law talking to me. He's Chinese and I don't understand him when I actually can hear. It was a dumb mistake, one I hope I don't repeat.

13. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images