Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Evinrude advertises it's 250 G2 as having about 100 ft/lbs more torque than a 250SHO.
    Add a blower, bump the HP up to 450, and now the G2 puts out 150 ft/lbs more than the SHO?
    See anything wrong with this picture?
    Last edited by Nova Kaw 650; 04-04-2017 at 04:00 AM.

2. Member
    Good lord....put that on a bass boat you might have a death wish...haha

3. Member
    This is my engine output at the crankshaft.

It's well over 300 ft lbs early on, naturally aspirated. Looks as if the supercharger feeds the need for more air into the 4.2 at the mid upper rpm's which is exactly what it needs.

HydroTec.jpg
    Last edited by scj; 04-02-2017 at 04:06 PM.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post

Holy Crap!

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Oh lawd......

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I bet that baby sounds bad a$$ if it has that supercharger whine. Not sure what jack plate you would be able to use though, most are rated for 300hp.
    The new Hydro Dynamics hydraulic plate is rated for the 400R.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    It's possible. The g2 claims to make 600ftlbs peak torque and this claims 450. Doesn't mean it's at the same rpm. It's kind of like a 400hp diesel that puts out 1000lb torque vs a 400hp gas that only puts out 450lbs torque.
    There was a guy a few years ago that tried to drag race with an E-Tech, he had some Guru from Evinrude helping him, they claimed it was making the same torque as a 5.9L Cummins. My sons 2.5 200 Pro Stock engine (basically stock except heads and slight intake work) about half tracked him with about 200 lb. ft. of torque.

8. Banned
    Anyone hear of the price?
    If this is even remotely reasonably priced, I'll consider one for my SHO when they're available..........You have to wonder how the guts of a gear case would hold up to this much torque?
    1.62 gear ratio running a 34" prop would net 108 mph with 15% slip. I think that's a high slip number for a good prop and that much power would have you rethinking engine set back and all kind of set up scenarios......could be another first for an Allison 21'er.........
    \

Well NIZPRO got back to me with a price.. 9995.00 kind of high .. and cant buy it until after oct 21 ,2017
    Hello JR

Thank you for your enquiry regrading the Nizpro Marine 450s Supercharger upgrade.

Taking orders NOW.
    Pre orders can be made immediately with delivery to begin from October 31st 2017.
    Deposits of $4995 USD will place you in queue for first production with dispatch of the 450s to align with the order in which deposits have been taken.

Price and availability.
    The official release will be at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas on October 31st 2017.
    Over the next couple of months we will be looking for the premium dealers around the world to install, service and carry stock of the Nizpro Supercharger upgrade packages.
    Prior to the release we will be offering a very limited quantity of kits to selected dealers to be installed on boats for display purposes.
    Supercharger packages ordered prior to the official release will be $9995 USD + shipping and import taxes.

Does the standard engine cowl fit?
    Yes the cowl remains 100 % untouched; we do add a 104 mm (4 inch approx) spacer that is attached to the standard cowls internal latch points, the standard latches are then bolted to the spacer. Then the cowl simply goes on in the standard manner.

Cowl Graphics
    The production cowl graphics and sticker kit have yet to be finalized. The graphics applied to the pre production kit are to clearly display that the engine is running the 450s supercharger package.

Which Yamaha model does the Nizpro Supercharger kit fit?
    Our Supercharger kit fits all F series 225, 250 and 300 V6 4.2 liter models. It also fits all 200, 225 and 250 SHO V6 4.2 liter Models

Is reliability and durability compromised by adding a supercharger to a naturally aspirated engine?
    Firstly let me say that the 4.2 Yamaha V6 is an amazingly well engineered product. Any owner of one can be assured just how good these engines really are and how under stressed they are in standard form. In its highest production level { 300 HP } it’s making a mere 71 hp per liter at a lazy 6000 rpm maximum engine speed limit..

The standard 4.2l V6 Yamaha is engineered as standard with high quality connecting rods, oil cooled pistons and a compression ratio that is low enough to suit forced induction. So it is a brilliant platform for forced induction.

We started this project in 2013 and to accelerate our own durability testing program we are running our pre-production tests at well beyond the 450hp power level, Higher rpm with substantially higher boost pressures than what the production 450hp package will be released with. Up to date we have seen zero failures of any kind using a standard Yamaha 4.2 V6 engine.

Lower Unit strength
    Currently we have seen zero lower unit gear failures. We certainly understand that at some point the lower unit will become an issue and are already taking steps to be able to offer upgrades such as prop shafts, gear sets, input shafts and nose cones

Production and manufacturing
    From the initial design concept of the 450s supercharger package for the Yamaha Vmax Sho and Offshore 4.2 litre V6 engine it was decided OEM quality supply partner would ensure outstanding performance and reliability.
    Nizpro Marine commissioned Harrop Engineering for their product design and production capabilities. Harrop is a licensed master distributor for Eaton Corporation utilising TVS Supercharger Technology. Harrop has significant aftermarket supercharger system integration experience in addition to being an OEM supercharger supply partner to Ford Motor Company, Toyota and Lotus. Harrop Engineering is certified by SAI Global to the internationally recognized ISO9001:2015.
    With over 60 years of engineering and manufacturing experience, Harrop is a perfect fit for production of the Nizpro Marine range of supercharger systems.

Fuel Requirements
    The 450s supercharger package requires the following fuel for maximum performance:

• 91 USA pump octane, 98 Australian RON octane
    • 89 USA pump octane, 95 Australian RON. Maximum power output may not be achieved while running the lower rating fuel

What does the supercharger package include?
    This is the short list not including clamps, nuts and bolts. etc.

• Nizpro Supercharger unit utilizing Eaton TVS 1900 rotor assembly
    • Twin water to air intercoolers
    • Intercooler water system
    • Upgraded fuel system
    • Drive belt and pulley system
    • Wiring loom extensions direct plug in
    • Fuel filter relocation bracket
    • Air box
    • Cowl extension piece
    • 450s Sticker kit
    • Direct ECU flash tool with plug in harness
    • ECU License
    • Nizpro Marine 450 Horsepower ECU calibration

Keep up to date with the latest information by following us on www.facebook.com/NizproMarineAustralia
    www.instagramcn.com/nizpromarine
    www.nizpromarine.com
    www.youtube.com/channel/UC-l18j9HN5ApESw_roKKSsw

Thanks for your enquiry and if you require further information do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards

Simon Gishus
    Director

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    There was a guy a few years ago that tried to drag race with an E-Tech, he had some Guru from Evinrude helping him, they claimed it was making the same torque as a 5.9L Cummins. My sons 2.5 200 Pro Stock engine (basically stock except heads and slight intake work) about half tracked him with about 200 lb. ft. of torque.
    I've watched Tyler whiteheads etec put a hurting on drags in mod production before. It was a beast. They are running a v8 now

10. Member
    $11k by the time it arrives at the door is not reasonable IMO....$6k i could see.....

11. Banned
    $11k by the time it arrives at the door is not reasonable IMO....$6k i could see.....

Yea that's what I thought too....

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Yep!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

I agree. I was thinking retail would be in the 5K range. Really want one but I wont be spending 11K... 5K and I'd prob already be in line haha
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

14. Banned
    I wasn't aware it's intercooled,thats nice it can make much more power.A 1900 auto kit is $7500 this o e will diffently be more....

15. RIP -April 30,2023
    then you still have to buy a mercury lower unit.. too rich for anyone i know

Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    Yea that's what I thought too....

16. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    I've watched Tyler whiteheads etec put a hurting on drags in mod production before. It was a beast. They are running a v8 now
    The one I'm talking about is a true direct injected E-Tech.
    The one you're talking about probably has nothing to do with direct injection. The block and front half is e-tech, but that's probably it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    The one I'm talking about is a true direct injected E-Tech.
    The one you're talking about probably has nothing to do with direct injection. The block and front half is e-tech, but that's probably it.
    I'm not 100% certain but I'll ask Tyler , I think his mod production motor had to retain all the etec stuff, maybe not. I'm not where near being an OMC guru, I can barely spell e-tec !!

18. Member
    Oh and somebody wake me up when someone cranks the psi, 7 is weak for a blower ;)

19. Member
    I know this guy didnt get Drug by any 2.5 200 and his is Stock Internals

20. Member
    Cool do you have a link to the ecdba race org site? I googled it and couldn't find anything.

Sdba kept popping up instead

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast