STX seat material

I looked at a nice V20 today in a sharp silver color scheme. One section of the seats is a light gray. Questions- what is it like keeping the STX seats clean, and how do you clean them? Should they be treated with Scotchguard before using them?

Also, any issues with them absorbing water in the rain? I have the vinyl seats in my boat and they have been great, so I don't know if there are any downsides to the STX material.
    thanks

I think they use a gell cushion instead of foam so they don't really absorb water. The cordura fabric dries relatively quickly. Basically, your but gets wet no matter what, but these can be dry in like 20 min, not 2 days. Just comparing it to foam/vinyl seats I've had in past, I don't know if the legend vinyl is the same or different.

Mine clean with a wet rag. I haven't treated them with anything. I would expect any staining liquid to be harder to clean than vinyl, but I haven't had that happen thankfully.

All that said, every boat seat should be cordura. No splitting and tearing like vinyl is prone to and also don't get "surface of the sun" hot. No brainer option imho

3. Member
    I had all the same questions and was on the fence when ordering. I talked to Kody about my concerns he reassured me that the stx would fit my needs. I have been 100% happy after first season. At this point I wouldn't want a leather seat boat again. Best thing is black stx stays cool in the sun all day.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1978 View Post
    I had all the same questions and was on the fence when ordering. I talked to Kody about my concerns he reassured me that the stx would fit my needs. I have been 100% happy after first season. At this point I wouldn't want a leather seat boat again. Best thing is black stx stays cool in the sun all day.
    I didn't know Legend was offering the STX in black. That makes me happy!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMChamp View Post
    I didn't know Legend was offering the STX in black. That makes me happy!

Pics of my seats in this thread

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....t=#post7457335

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1978 View Post
    Your seats look killer in black!.....great color combo!

Thanks for sharing,