Livewell Instructions

Is there a quick reference guide for the XB21
    livewell system "Switches & Valves". I feel that i do not have a full understanding of the system.

I'm having scanner problems.
    But here is a quick over view off my head
    mine is a Flow-Rite Auto livewell control system
    The three way valve has------ RECIRCULATE which closes the valve and does not allow water in or out--EMPTY which opens the valve and allows water to both enter and exit.. AUTO which will let water in but not back out.
    Mine has a recirculate pump switch on the console.. when the 3 way valve is in the recirculate position it pumps water from bottom of LW to the top...Until you pull the red T-valve located just inside the LW lid. When it's pulled it will divert the water to a discharge on the strbrd side of boat.
    there is also a aerator switch on the console which is manual or auto which is just a timed cycle.
    If not fishing leave valve in recirculate which should not allow any water in.... If fishing-- place valve in auto which will allow water in but will not drain out when under power and turn on the aerator... when loading and you need to drain the system put valve empty position.

I appreciate the info. I struggle with this every time.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Fish in the well...put valve on Auto, turn on aerator...I use manual most all of the time.

If you run from clean water to dirty turn valve to recirc so it'll stop bringing in fresh water, turn off the aerator switch and turn on the recirc switch, make sure the red nozzle is pushed in to recirc (pulled out is your pump out).

No fish in livewell....turn valve to recirc to keep livewell dry.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

5. Member
    That's all good info. I don't keep fish very often so I have to think about the livewell every time before using it. One thing I experience is the drain plug popping out. That plug has to be tight to keep the hydrostatic pressure from pushing it back into the livewell then filling to the water level. It's like, dang my hole shot is sluggish today, WTF, oh my live well is half full cause the plug is out
    Carte's Custom

6. BBC SPONSOR
    The plug, at least on mine, snaps into place when fully seated. My partner put it in once and I noticed the livewell was not filling all the way, well when we made it to the lock and came off pad I heard the fish flopping in a dry livewell! I opened the lid and the plug had came out, I put it back in and pushed until it snapped, refilled the well and luckily the fish recovered.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    The plug, at least on mine, snaps into place when fully seated. My partner put it in once and I noticed the livewell was not filling all the way, well when we made it to the lock and came off pad I heard the fish flopping in a dry livewell! I opened the lid and the plug had came out, I put it back in and pushed until it snapped, refilled the well and luckily the fish recovered.
    NOT GOOD
    Mine sounds like it's different---
    It's like the old transom plugs except bigger diameter--Push it in then turn the knob which compresses and swells the rubber. It wont come out!!
    Matter of fact it can be a pia to remove if it's been in awhile

8. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    NOT GOOD
    Mine sounds like it's different---
    It's like the old transom plugs except bigger diameter--Push it in then turn the knob which compresses and swells the rubber. It wont come out!!
    Matter of fact it can be a pia to remove if it's been in awhile
    That's what all of the XB-21's livewell drain plugs are suppose to do. Except for the sticking part.

9. Member
    If tournament fishing in the summer a good trip to keep these fish alive is to drop a bag of ice in 1st thing in the morning and cap full of fish care like Sure-Life's Please Release Me. In high 90's+ it will stay cool all tournament.
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

10. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    That's what all of the XB-21's livewell drain plugs are suppose to do. Except for the sticking part.
    Yes that is correct. Push it in and turn the knob to tighten. To remove, turn counter clockwise til it turn loose then pull it out.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    If tournament fishing in the summer a good trip to keep these fish alive is to drop a bag of ice in 1st thing in the morning and cap full of fish care like Sure-Life's Please Release Me. In high 90's+ it will stay cool all tournament.

The problem with this is the water the ice is made with may have chlorine or other chemicals that are bad for the fish...

Better to use water bottles kinda filled and frozen or even up to 2L bottles so the water itself doesn't hurt the fish...

12. Member
    I know what you're saying, but I have yet to lose a fish in 2 summers doing this and I pick up a bag at gas station that morning.
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

13. BBC SPONSOR
    In my last boat I made a cooling system for the livewell, I recirculated the livewell water through the cooler and back to the livewell. This way I didn't have to introduce any chemicals to the water. I also had a Lowrance EP-80 NMEA temp sensor in the livewell so I could monitor livewell temp.

I have not done this in my XB21 yet as I feel its not needed. After 2 summers in this boat I have yet to lose a fish.
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 04-06-2017 at 05:08 PM.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X