Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Johnny Morris Patriot rods from basspro

Has anyone purchased or handled one? My store only has 1 in stock and its a spinning model. All the casting models are on backorder. Wondering if theres a production issue or something. Anyway the spinning one i handled felt great. Clean build. Very light. Great looking rod. Had it been a 7ft casting model i probably would have left with it

2. Member
    I have a 7ft med that I plan on throwing a t rig with. I have not used it yet. Hopefully I get to give it a shot tomorrow.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I have a 7ft med that I plan on throwing a t rig with. I have not used it yet. Hopefully I get to give it a shot tomorrow.
    Let me know what u think

4. Member
    Made by Gary Loomis's new company north fork composites. Should be a great rod for the price! I plan on getting a few.

GTFO! Really? I might have to check one out.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Wow, that would be awesome if it is using a NFC blank!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis Lover2 View Post
    Made by Gary Loomis's new company north fork composites. Should be a great rod for the price! I plan on getting a few.

Wow. Are they really?

8. Member
    Yes that's why it's being advertised as made in America!

9. Member
    Might be worth looking at

I am not so sure about the north fork composite blank. It does not advertise it as such and that would be a huge selling point.

11. Member
    wow a $200 price point rod from bass pro? not sure that's a great thing. The grips remind me of the american rodsmith company that went out of business several years ago.

12. Member
    Wish theyd get back in stock. Theyve been on backorder for awhile now

13. Member
    Gary Loomis for sure is involved with these rods, to what extent I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crwood View Post
    wow a $200 price point rod from bass pro? not sure that's a great thing. The grips remind me of the american rodsmith company that went out of business several years ago.
    With nearly $100 in just components I don't see it as overpriced at all. I would actually be more concerned on what their definition of HM is.
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

15. Member
    How do you know it is a NFC blank???? Is it just a rumor or is there information somewhere?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p2geo View Post
    With nearly $100 in just components I don't see it as overpriced at all. I would actually be more concerned on what their definition of HM is.
    How are you coming up with $100 in components? I'd be very surprised if there is more than $70 in that rod and that's factoring in labor to build them. I bet it's not even that much.

17. Member
    Bass pro doesn't promote who is making their private label brands just like Costco. North Fork is making the rods and like I said I will be buying a few once available. How many people knew Seaguar was making BPS Fluoro when they changed vendors a few years ago from Toray? Check out the rods once they are available and make your own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by crwood View Post
    How are you coming up with $100 in components? I'd be very surprised if there is more than $70 in that rod and that's factoring in labor to build them. I bet it's not even that much.
    Have you priced out SIC guides lately? Average around $7 a piece at 10 guides that's $70, that doesn't even include reel seats or the blank.
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

19. Member
    Even if NFC isnt building these ima grab at least one if theyd hurry up and make em available. The spinning rod i held felt top notch and looked great. Got some rewards points built up i need to blow anyway

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p2geo View Post
    Have you priced out SIC guides lately? Average around $7 a piece at 10 guides that's $70, that doesn't even include reel seats or the blank.
    Yeah $7 a piece when you're just building one rod. When you're a rod manufacturer you buy in bulk and you save a ton of money. They're not paying that much for the components. Whatever you think bass pro pays for their private label stuff, cut that in half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast