Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    People are missing one thing in the original post: the compressor came apart, which blew metallic shrapnel to and through the injectors. That may be why none of them are reusable.

2. Im wishin I was fishin
    Quote Originally Posted by cbailey View Post
    hydro-tec has an injector service and they are a board sponsor also. injectors will come back with a print out also. 25 each if i remember correctly
    They did mine

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    If you can change the flow rate of a fuel injector keeping the fuel delivery pressure the same i do know of somebody thatll make you rich. Call cary green at GB remanufacturing in california. I know the biggest reseller of fuel injectors and fuel injector servicing machines would buy you out. Be sure to let us know how its going after the deal.
    Alli....I totally agree with this statement!
    An orifice and pintle will wear over time which will increase fuel flow which would be next to impossible to alter unless you had the ability to OPEN the injector and then put it back together properly.
    If a person thinks they don't wear then why would replacing the needle and seat in a carb rebuild be the standard when they only have the weight of a float closing the needle.
    You really don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that there is no magic that will let you change the flow rate of a specific opening other than either physically getting to the orifice for mods, changing the pressure or changing the amount of time it's open!
    Cleaning or replacing is the only option....JMO
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

4. Member
    I don't remember where I heard this and it may all be hearsay. But rumor is they can get them apart. And then can change a spring. And hope the spring does the trick. Since they are not meant to come apart I assume they just clean them, try to guess which spring will bring them close. I assume if they break it getting it apart, if the spring dosent correct the flow or they damage it putting it back together, you must replace.....

This is my theory based on what I have read and discussed with various people over the years.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    I don't remember where I heard this and it may all be hearsay. But rumor is they can get them apart. And then can change a spring. And hope the spring does the trick. Since they are not meant to come apart I assume they just clean them, try to guess which spring will bring them close. I assume if they break it getting it apart, if the spring dosent correct the flow or they damage it putting it back together, you must replace.....

This is my theory based on what I have read and discussed with various people over the years.
    I have a couple "adjusted" that have been adjusted by Rich and you can't tell any difference from the outside. I can't tell any difference in the way it runs, it was just preventative cleaning whilst I was doing other work.

6. Member

Got My Stuff Back

I received my fuel rails and injectors from Integrity yesterday. I will say that they stepped up some by shipping my stuff to me 2nd day air at no charge. Now I'm waiting on the new direct air injectors to show up. At the rate I'm going I should be back on the water for summer night fishing. Already hitting the 90's so I'm going to assume I missed the spawn this year.
    Last edited by ReelRT; 04-08-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    96' Ranger R77 Sport / Merc 115 ProXS 4S

Sorry to hear your bad luck I have always got good service from don and Ronda
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

Don and ronda usually run a top notch business and don wastes a ton of time on here trying to help folks. Hes very generous with his knowledge.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

9. Member
    Now that is talking out of both sides of your mouth after your previous post
    99 21xd300 x
    02 stroker 300x
    01cc comp 280

Not at all. I wasnt talking about don to start with. I think you assumed that incorrectly and brought him in. I was referring to an earlier comment that was an inside comment from people that have been around a long time and have seen what happens when theres no competition. Somebody crying every week back in the day about buying high dollar injectors. Back before the opti injector debacle even started.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

11. Member
    Dusty the info you gave at the beginning of this post was spot on and just want all to know the facts and your boy at BG is a great source of info and parts. Don't want to turn this into a Don thing at all. Some of the people on here should have a masters in marketing as this is why he is here .
    99 21xd300 x
    02 stroker 300x
    01cc comp 280

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebob View Post
    Hate to hear that! Has anybody ever sent injectors for testing/cleaning and NOT had some that were bad????????????????
    Each time Don has done my injectors, they have been cleaned and none were found to be bad.

I think some people missed the part about the compressor....

13. Member
    I had a compressor go bad and merc replaced under warranty. Two years later, my injectors went bad as well. Merc covered me and saved me thousands thanks to Rich and my dealer.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    If you can change the flow rate of a fuel injector keeping the fuel delivery pressure the same i do know of somebody thatll make you rich. Call cary green at GB remanufacturing in california. I know the biggest reseller of fuel injectors and fuel injector servicing machines would buy you out. Be sure to let us know how its going after the deal.
    I know them- have even done some business with them in the past. He's probably not even slightly interested, though.

Sherman... I just went back and checked your service records. From what I see, you did not purchase any direct or air injectors through us (you ordered those elsewhere). Your original/bad units were returned to you (which is STANDARD practice with Air Injectors, if they are bad, we have absolutely no use for them).

The following video may be interesting to some of you, in regards to Direct/Air injectors (simple FUNCTIONAL testing at WOT parameters).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Nice video! Thanks Don

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12