Where did you place your humminbird Ethernet hub in your RT188

I am going to network helix units on the bow and console. Helix 9 si mega on console and helix 10 sonar gps with 360 image linked to Ultrex trolling motor. I know I need the Ethernet hub to link everything together. Has anybody done this and where did you place the hub at? Also has anybody put Icommand gauge in and does this just link thru the hub as well. Or can you just use the NMEA 2000 link to the motor thru the Helix unit. Which one is better?

I actually put two in mine. I put one under the console screwed the the right side wall forward of the circuit box and under where the rigging comes out. The second I put under the foot pedal tray area. I did that so I would only have to run one Ethernet cable from front to back and adding on at the console or the bow was only a 3 ft Ethernet cable instead of another 20 footer.

took me 20 minutes the other day to install the new i pilot link on my older terrova and that's wired and networked to the entire boat.
    Last edited by basscatcher89; 04-01-2017 at 07:52 AM.

3. Member
    How hard is it to run the power, Ethernet, and transducer on a RT188? Did they leave room to run the lines?

There are two conduits down the right side of the boat from the back to the console. If you remove the cup holder you can see both of them. The top one goes back to the rigging tube for steering. The bottom goes into the bilge by the batteries. There isn't really a conduit to the front but I'd you have a fish tape and pull out the fuse box to give yourself enough room and push a fish up through there to the front you can work it up to the bow pretty easy.

5. Member
    This is not an RT but this is how I did mine under the console. Pic is before I added 360. Hope this helps.

2007 Bass Tracker 190 TX
    20006 Mercury 90 Optimax
    Smartcraft Mercmonitor
    6" CMC Manual Jack Plate
    21" Trophy Plus Prop
    Minn Kota 80 lb Maxxum
    Humminbird 898c SI and 998c SI at Console
    Humminbird 998c SI and 1199ci HD SI at bow
    Humminbird 360 at bow
    Ethernet Linked with 5 Port Hub

6. Member
    Is the fuse box on the right strickly for your finders? If so did you run power to this fuse box and then run power lines from it to the finders? Just checking on how you did this. Thanks. Your approach looks really clean.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbck7 View Post
    Is the fuse box on the right strickly for your finders? If so did you run power to this fuse box and then run power lines from it to the finders? Just checking on how you did this. Thanks. Your approach looks really clean.
    The fuse box is used to power the Ethernet hub on the left and the 4 Humminbird units as well as the 360. The picture was taken before I added the 360. If you zoom in you can see the labels: hub, and 898C, 998C are at the console 998B, 1199 are at the bow. I also have a switch in the rear close to the cranking battery that cuts power to the fuse box. If you have a Eathernet hub you must have a switch to turn the power off or it will drain your battery. I ran 10 ga from cranking battery to the Blue Seas fuse box. The console units power cords will hook straight to the fuse box. I then ran 12 ga from the fuse box to the bow units.
    2007 Bass Tracker 190 TX
    20006 Mercury 90 Optimax
    Smartcraft Mercmonitor
    6" CMC Manual Jack Plate
    21" Trophy Plus Prop
    Minn Kota 80 lb Maxxum
    Humminbird 360 at bow

8. Member
    Ruffwood could you attach a pic of the switch that you used to cut power to the Blue Seas fuse box? Also do you know where you found the fuse box and the part number. This looks exactly like what I was looking for. I also have power poles that I want to run to the fuse box also. The pumps on the power poles also draw current and will drain the battery and with a single power switch that would cut power to all devices that drain on the battery. Thanks.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbck7 View Post
    Ruffwood could you attach a pic of the switch that you used to cut power to the Blue Seas fuse box? Also do you know where you found the fuse box and the part number. This looks exactly like what I was looking for. I also have power poles that I want to run to the fuse box also. The pumps on the power poles also draw current and will drain the battery and with a single power switch that would cut power to all devices that drain on the battery. Thanks.
    Sorry I don't have a picture of the switch but it is just a simple on and off switch. I got the fuse box from Amazon and it is a 5025 Blue Sea ST Blade Fuse Block with 6 Circuits the 5026 has 12 circuits if 6 is not enough for your needs. I also like the Blue Sea easy ID fuses that light up if they blow.
    2007 Bass Tracker 190 TX
    20006 Mercury 90 Optimax
    Smartcraft Mercmonitor
    6" CMC Manual Jack Plate
    21" Trophy Plus Prop
    Minn Kota 80 lb Maxxum
    Humminbird 360 at bow